Melatv

Weather

just plain cold here with another heavy frost. we had lower twenties over night, so now a slow warm up it's not expected to clmib much. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

some nights in the mid teens, maybe a 46 during the week. at least the sun is supposed to be out.

Looks like Lacombe will get spared from the rain today by a smidgen  >>> can't say the same for our members over there in Fort Morgan , Alabama , batten down the hatches 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks like Lacombe will get spared from the rain today by a smidgen  >>> can't say the same for our members over there in Fort Morgan , Alabama , batten down the hatches 

Uh oh.  Better check the weather and get my rubber duckies inflated.  As of last night it was 40% chance of showers all day but nothing more than sprinkles.   Currently 47*F and sprinkles. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We ended up getting more sleet than freezing rain where I live, so things weren't bad at my house.  Looked like snow, but was hard and not fun for the little one to play in.

15 miles south of me got freezing rain, lots of limbs and utility poles down, lots of people without power.

Memphis had 150K without power a couple of days ago.  Pretty narrow line of ice that got the brunt of it.

I spent the weekend on a heating pad.  Wednesday (before the bad weather arrived) I went over to get a generator out for an older couple (their son and I were very close growing up, and he lives in Gulfport MS now)..  The husband has always had a bad back so I go over and get their generator out and make sure it will start whenever we have bad weather coming in, and then drain it/run it dry before i put it up so it will start easily next time.  Anyhow, they have an older deck on the back of their house, only 3-4 steps, but the wood was wet and a little slimy, and I had on rubber boots.  Hit the top step to go down, feet went straight out from under me, and I landed on my back...on the stairs....and then slid down the stairs.   Hurt like !.  I'm more or less recovered, but my back was jacked up all weekend.  LOL.  It sucks being a klutz.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

jeep.. we ain't young fellas no more, lol, might as well have a good laugh as cry cause it's going to happen, anyways hope you get better soon, I'm just glad this storm wasn't as bad as was predicted, i hope the best for those who were effected (loss of power etc) 

mightty nice of you to help look after that older couple. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

jeep.. we ain't young fellas no more, lol, might as well have a good laugh as cry cause it's going to happen, anyways hope you get better soon, I'm just glad this storm wasn't as bad as was predicted, i hope the best for those who were effected (loss of power etc) 

mightty nice of you to help look after that older couple. 

I spent every weekend at their house from the time I was 12 to probably early 20's.  They're like family, so I don't mind dragging a generator out for them once or twice a year.

• Like 3

got near 50 today, maybe warmer. NOAA is saying slight chance of rain or snow saturday.  {slight;; probably be 8 inches.

weird weather here today , this morning at daybreak it was 30 degrees , right now at 2:00 PM , it is 62 

yesterday evening it made it up to 67 , 34 this morning right before day break 

it's warm here today, but the wind has been kicking all night and this morning really good, i wonder whats on the way in, cause theres nothing much on the radar at all.... and the  pressure is high, which usally means cold weather for us. 

There are storms moving in from the gulf tomorrow , we might get lucky and it goes just north of us 

68F at day break , that's what I am talking about !!!!!  but ,  bad weather coming in this evening , lots of rain from what they are saying 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

68F at day break , that's what I am talking about !!!!!  but ,  bad weather coming in this evening , lots of rain from what they are saying 

I may see some of that here.  65 when I woke up and a dew point of 64.  Muggy.

• Like 1

Just now, 56Sierra said:

I may see some of that here.  65 when I woke up and a dew point of 64.  Muggy.

It looks like the bad stuff will go north and west  of both of us 

• Like 1

pretty impressive front ...... the wind dies down here for a few  then kicks like a mule! the only thing I've heard from MTEARS is a high wind warning for high profile vehicles, lawn chairs etc, loose yard items. we havent had wind like this in a while, and with the heavy rain moving in most likeky more flooding along with blow down trees due to softened root soil and high wind gust this monster may not be done for a while. 

image.jpg

I just took the dog to the vet , the wind is blowing  at least 40 MPH gust  , just a little rain so far 

• Like 1

i heard a couple rumbles of thunder..... I'm curious as to how far the temp will drop after this front passes. IF? does this go round......still no word on severe potential. 

• Like 1

We've got 48" of snow here so far and a couple more inches due tonight. Cancelled our fishing trip to Canada tomorrow due to a ton of snow and slush on the lakes up there. Going to the hunting shack for the weekend instead.

• Like 1