Melatv

Weather

29F this morning , coldest so far this year , first time at or below freezing , going up to 66 F this evening and 74 for a high tomorrow , crazy weather 

rain is setting in. 51* right now but is supposed to hit high 20's by morning. Highs 32 and lows in the 20's tomorrow with rain /mix all day. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:53 PM, Freedomflyer said:

That could be messy!

It looks like snow but is about an 1"+ of soild ice. I'm on call till 4pm today and have to swap trucks with my coworker. It's starting to melt now but will be in the teens tonight so it will set right back in. I took this shot from my home shop camera from my warm bed lol. We are about 30 minutes from the beach. Further inland got actual snow. 

Screenshot_20220122-092652_Arlo.jpg

• Like 1

It was 28F this morning ,  coldest  day so far this year , first time it dipped below freezing , 12 noon and it is 44 , we about to head out to a Mardi Gras parade ,  

• Like 1

the ice storms, and snow predicted , never came. im glad these weather people are wrong, 28f, clear..

ours had forecasted "maybe some flurries or a 30% chance of a dusting...instead we had a very nice 2" by midnight....low 20s...nice to have an old school honda (not water cooled)  man does that motor heat feel good when you're out there cruising the snow trail and waiting on the wife to take more pics.

It started out really cold yesterday morning , 28 , made it up to 49 while we were at the Mardi Gras parade , it was a blue jay day with not a cloud in the sky and very little wind , then the party moved over to our porch , had a couple of propane heaters and a fire going and it was 60 degrees under the patio 

yesterday was the last day of deer / rifle , my buddy came back to the house after dark , said he could have shot does , but was waiting on a good buck , I was was kind of glad the buck didn't show up as I would have been out there helping him butcher it up , cause once that sun went down it got cold quick 

Suppose to start off at 27 this morning and it is 27 right now at 3:00 AM 

what a crazy weather day , was 30 at daylight , warmed up quick to 62 by 12:00 noon , started rain and temp dropped to 55 right now at 3:30 , and they saying that 62 we had this morning was the highest we will get for the entire week 

13 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

This is exactly our city, neverending battle.

Screenshot_20220124-205025_Messages.jpg

Lawd yes...used to hate the snow plow guy when we lived up north... my job when I was still a school kid (jr high age) was to get up early and shovel the driveway for my Dad...from garage door to road was 2 car lengths long.. i had gotten masterful at measuring his tire width and just shoveling tire path most times...especially if it was deeper...but if that dang plow came through in the morning before Dad left or got home that night, I'd be looking at a waste deep mountain of really packed heavy stuff to have to dig out of the driveway entrance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

Around 8am this morning when i got back home 😆🥶

35b.jpg

It was around-33C here as well this morning

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Around 8am this morning when i got back home 😆🥶

35b.jpg

I'll take the snakes and gators over the snow worms any day , LOL  ---- 

fullsizeoutput_f5c.jpeg

• Sad 1

Got a couple of more degrees out the day , maybe take off the long johns soon  

fullsizeoutput_f5d.jpeg

Lol... i put mine on for the morning only today 😛

But hey... only thing that might spook me  would be the scorpions ...tarantulas.. etc 😮

cocc.jpg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

Lol... i put mine on for the morning only today 😛

But hey... only thing that might spook me  would be the scorpions ...tarantulas.. etc 😮

cocc.jpg

Looks like he is trying to ring the doorbell !!!  ----  Knock ,knock , who's there , Alley , Alley Gator 

cousin in Ohio ping'd me this morning... 1 degree F.

we've been perching mid 20s at night here...which is colder than I want...

and now forecast is for this weekend...3rd in a row...we'll see dusting to 2inches of snow.

I've yet to both to put the generator back in the garage...it's out behind the house from 2 weeks back (yes covered under tarp)...ready to go.

the area where all my utils live.. (3) HVAC, water heater, pool pump and pool heater...all behind a tall privacy fence and only way you get to that area is to walk between the back deck stairs and the pool gate entrance..and my security camera and motion lights will get ya...anyway..out of sight, ready to rock.

-13 degrees F this morning.  It only gets that cold here in Western PA about once in 5 years🥶

IMG_1249.jpg