Melatv

Weather

32 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I use my flag. Once the bottom portion moves to the top I know its windy. 

20200304_212548.jpg

ha ha !! what's it mean when the flag pole come's out of the ground? 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
because

Hm.... I didnt think that was a haha moment ... Apparently you've never have a tornadoe Come close to your house trailer. ..or take away your , freinds family, or home!! 

I've had winds high enough the pole didnt last through it. Luckily my home place has missed all classified tornadoes.  A couple years ago I did have a perfectly placed tree on the other side of the house. Broke on one side and placed neatly on the other side without even a branch broke. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm.... I didnt think that was a haha moment ... Apparently you've never have a tornadoe Come close to your house trailer. ..or take away your , freinds family, or home!! 

i been through a tornado. if ya survive it ya laugh. if ya get stomped by a horse ya laugh if you survive it. i take all that stuff seriously. but the horse race culture, give's you a way to look at thing's different. ya got to ta survive. i seen friend's get hurt all the time. don't let my joking fool you. its just a means of necessity. it is what it is. my sister killed herself bout a 2year ago. she was in great pain. it happens. i miss her. i will still cut up jokes. if you dont get that, it's not my problem. i have had 2 miner strokes, 2 major stroke's and possibly another minor one. i dont make fun of people, i make fun with people. if you think i talked bad about, ya just read it wrong. its not my way, nor has it been. i do drink, so what, some people do. i type bad, my keyboard is 20 years old, i cant spell , my fingers go where they want. nature of dyslexia, and stroke. or i should say strokes. before last month. i could whistle, now i can't, i forgot how. i have to relearn it. i went 4 month's without knowing how to tie my shoe's. i don't complain about my problems. now that i am mad i type better. i lost all my uncle's cept one. i only got 5 aunts left, 3 of those are aunts by marriage. my grandma had 11 children, two of them died in childhood i never got to know them. you aint got the right to tell me i dont know what loss is. my other grandmother lost one of her children. i have lost my parent's, grandparent, and great grandparents not to mention great aunts and uncles. aint many left now. if i can't spell, too bad. i never made fun of you.

Edited by LedFTed
spelling and sentence structure
  • Like 1

been through a tornado. if ya survive it ya laugh.

um, no..... It's more like  your thankfull, then you go help your friends family, and neighbors recover.. 

Paw fr the rest of your post.... I've got an older sister that has cancer , my father has had a widow maker, and 4 strokes, my mother has liver issues, my younger sister has had brain surgery.... Each still get up and go on with theirs lives..... 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

um, no..... It's more like  your thankfull, then you go help your friends family, and neighbors recover.. 

Paw fr the rest of your post.... I've got an older sister that has cancer , my father has had a widow maker, and 4 strokes, my mother has liver issues, my younger sister has had brain surgery.... Each still get up and go on with theirs lives..... 

i am sorry to hear about your family, it must be rough on you an yours are in my thoughts and prayers

Edited by LedFTed
spelling

nice today followed by 7 days of rain, say's noaa. shoo wee

On 3/7/2020 at 3:17 PM, toodeep said:

I've had winds high enough the pole didnt last through it. Luckily my home place has missed all classified tornadoes.  A couple years ago I did have a perfectly placed tree on the other side of the house. Broke on one side and placed neatly on the other side without even a branch broke. 

was it the other side of the tree, or house.

May 1996 Kentucky tornado outbreak - Wikipedia

every time that red line comes up, i can't post no more. anyway, i was in hill view. next door to my friends house, the guys brick garage got turned to the side, and his camper truck,[i cant remember the name of it] got flipped upside down. the other house next to my friend, had a basement. we stayed down there while the tornado went through. that guy shed got picked up, and it smashed into Davids house. Tornado's really sound like like a freight train. Before it hit, when it was about a mile away[you could see it

small tornado's were drop out of the sky lasting on the ground a few seconds then then went back into the clouds]. i wanted to watch, but the people were scared in the basement. so i stayed so they could see i was calm. it was an F4.

i was near the F5 tornado in april3 1974, i didn't even know it was going through the area. the wife of a friend. just happened to be going through the tunnel on I64 near Cherokee Park.

2 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

Tornado's really sound like like a freight train.

No they don't!  That's the the tornado debris field / ball .... They sound like very high rushing wind ... 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:08 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

did it ever occur to you the fish didn't want to talk to you the other day.

I was just pointing out a fact.... Maybe you should do more reserch on tornadoes..... Let me explain a tad more , it's the material (lumber dirt tin paper, in other words trash) swirling around that makes the train sound ... Not the high wind .... 

• Like 1

i haven't run across this as yet, i'll keep looking. in did refresh my memory some. it was in 1996, the sound's it made were many it was so loud that you had to put your hand over your ear's. people in the basement were screaming. you couldn't hear them, it didn't have to do with my hands over my ear's. i removed them just a second to listen. their mouth's were open, and it was as if no sound was coming out.  in some place's in the path of the tornado it was 1/2 mile wide.

Its always took a while for my hearing to come back ..... I've even had my teeth hurt , and head aches due to the extreme low pressure drop, and those so called experts nope, they don't have a clue,  rely on local storm chasers... .... Im not going even mention the hail damage  ... And sadly it's time for them here in the south... Most times there's not much rain..... And the temp drops, along with the pressure ... you need a barometric gauge, ... That, a battery powered shortwave radio, and a storm shelter is your best friend, during those monsters, the wind noise.. Is kind of hard to describe.... But it is very painful.. 

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

was it the other side of the tree, or house.

May 1996 Kentucky tornado outbreak - Wikipedia

The tree from one side of the house went up and over the house and another tree and laid gently on the other side of the house.

The last tornado I was in was a small one (classified as straight line winds because they didn't get the sirens going to alert people but many had pictures of it) and it was just the wind/debris sounds. That one was an up/down one and the building I was in it touched down on each side of it but lifted when it went over the building.

Snow for me today bout 3", supposed to get more tomorrow they are calling for 4"-8". But we have been having nice temps at or just below the freezing point. Those are the best temps to work outside in.

28 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Snow for me today bout 3", supposed to get more tomorrow they are calling for 4"-8". But we have been having nice temps at or just below the freezing point. Those are the best temps to work outside in.

Hey TB, did you ever work or have anything to do with the Miramachi Paper Mill? UPM Kyminee was the last owner and owns the Blandin Mill in town here where I worked 22 years until June.

Not me directly, I've worked on pressure washers that were there at the time, but alot of my family worked there

They tore the mill down here refusing to sell it to the union and province, we lost about 5,000 plus jobs.

• Sad 1

I got out just in time. Closed two lines in 2003 and closed another over a year ago. Only the biggest line is left. I give it 3 to 8 years. Pretty sad. 

• Like 1

It's raining out right now @ -5C and I'm expecting my driveway will be a rink by morning.....

Pic of driveway in 2018

IMG_20180206_175812.jpg

On 3/9/2020 at 10:39 AM, toodeep said:

The tree from one side of the house went up and over the house and another tree and laid gently on the other side of the house.

The last tornado I was in was a small one (classified as straight line winds because they didn't get the sirens going to alert people but many had pictures of it) and it was just the wind/debris sounds. That one was an up/down one and the building I was in it touched down on each side of it but lifted when it went over the building.

WoW ; to bad it didnt plant the tree. i guess ya cant have everything.

NOAA, was wrong about a week of rain. i want some rain, but not this much. i dont want to grow rice. 46 and cloudy