Melatv

Weather

We ended up with only 8 inches of snow rather than 12-18 inches. The heavy snow bands set up east of us, which suits me just fine. 🙂

• Like 2

Jeep,we dodged the storms in my area,very little wind,but did have a downpour then on off rain for a few hours.Nothing bad no damage and did not lose power.

• Like 3

i really feel for those people , jeep.... Nashville is still  recovering ... i sure hope this isn't becoming a weather trend ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riverc said:

Jeep,we dodged the storms in my area,very little wind,but did have a downpour then on off rain for a few hours.Nothing bad no damage and did not lose power.

We didn't get any rain or wind till about 8:30 last night , 

• Like 1

Still no power at my work. On the only one here trying to get our electromagnetically locking doors working so at least the building is secure. We have a standby generator on the roof that powers the fridge in the lab, so I’m trying to find all of the circuits that these door locks are on and plugging them into an extension cord which is plugged into the receptacle in the lab

• Like 1

had another nice day 50 - 60 for the high  ... then back down with the temps .. and more rain coming ...

sure looks to be a wet sloppy season for the rest of April ... 

suppose to be in mid 60s, this next week. maybe 66f. i like march weather., or used to. i'll take warm when i can get it. 55f outside today, the ac was on. heck, open a window. this unit aint suppose to run below 65f%. ya cant correct stupid. some kind of determination is involved. 🙃

it's been super nice today .....  although still wet, and sloppy ... almost 70 .... then a drop in temps over night ....  and , every farmer is planting corn late this year ... i haven't seen the 1st garden plot tilled up yet .. all this wet cold weather isn't helping things around here ... 

• Like 1

Beautiful morning here, we have had a few days of awesome weather here, snow is going quick, I'll be back in the Bush on the quad in no time......

• Like 2

after a fews days of  ice weather (still too wet for farmers to keep no tilling) another round .... i was thinking this season was going to be a good one for severe weather ... i reckon so. 

image.jpg

We have been super lucky with the weather this year so far , the bad weather keeps going father north and just missing me , the temperatures have been fantastic , high 70s yesterday ----to much good has been happening ----on the bad side ,   the Mississippi River has been very high , the spillway is open , polluting the Lake and marsh , would have to guess we are in for a bad hurricane season 

• Like 1

This winter has been extremely mild here and was actually decent, no week long -30C stretches. Should be another beautiful day here for me. 😋

i hear you, fish.... it keeps sweeping right across us ...

the last time we had this much wet weather, no tilled corn seeds molded in the ground ... and never came up (germinate) 

54 may be the high today. i dont thing the ground temp., has ever warmed up tp the point of planting. May aint too late. it almost got up to the 80's this month. followed by rain an cold. dont know if the weather will ever level out. we got to plan on this. i've about had enough products from out of country there are growers an producer's here. stuff grown is inspected some in this country, mostly.

got to 80f today, the sun was out. followed by rain the next few days, temps in the 50s-60s range during the day this week, maybe it will get warm by august.

just in time for the derby, and planting, come Sept. " if it keeps on raining, the levee going to break". this global warming, has made it colder/wetter here, an is caused by the inventor of the internet, "Al Gore".

!

more, and more rain ... last night was a bad storm .... (county wide) multiple trees blown down, buildings damaged... power outages,  thankfully no fatalities ..... 

the 1st pic was last night... thankfully ... i had no damage .. but just a few small limbs downed.... but I'm sure ill be getting calls for tree cleanup, (firewood) 

train, and train of storms...  it's rare , but I've seen this before, even heard elders in my family speek of this happening back in the olden days, so, i dont buy into  global warming myth for a sec, IMO its, seasonal change (winter,spring, to summer , then fall) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

looks like its gonna be winter, maybe spring, fall, followed by winter. planting sux, seeds get to wet to grow. finding hay for horses, or a smitty, a bit of a problem.

i dont have the worries of big farms, or producers, i still get affected though. 

nah..... we have a few more small winters due, were just now getting past blackberry winter .... here in the south. the climate mess is a money deal...and thats a fact, there's no such thing as global warming. 

Centuries of observing nature’s phenomenon – noting when certain plants leafed out and bloomed, when migratory birds appeared, when temperatures cooled or warmed – taught important lessons about the otherwise unpredictable weather of spring, when some days from March into May are summer-like and others threaten frost. Today’s scientists would call this “phenology” — the study of cyclic and seasonal natural phenomena, especially in relation to climate and plant and animal life.

those who believe in global warming should see >> inconsistent truth ive seen bad, and good years farming, bumper crops, of hay, corn,beans,wheat, alfalfa ... then years when nothing produced .... even roled bean fields and cornstalks as filler ...  this is a draw back of the goverment regulating farming methods .. AND, no tilling.... just try and plant your garden without adding broken up top soil, or tilling the ground up. 

• Like 1

^^^^maybe so, expecting another frost this weekend, 34f at night, but with a bit of wind tied in, will be iced wind shields on vehicles. i don't believe in global warming, as most do, nor global freezing, caused by man, or [women] for that matter. though women can make it hot or frigid in the house environment.

i'm an old one, but i still know frigid from women.

the no till from gov method, never did make any sense. "from someone who never growed anything no doubt.", but was in charge.

i seen this in the co-op magazines, but, i didn't believe it. guess it was true.

ain't no telling what the government will decide. supposedly, we elect them, to make wise choices, seldom do they, no matter what party.

Edited by LedFTed

No climate change except for natural cycles, thats a scam the royals and their puppet central bankers (who own & control all govcorp corporations on the planet and whom OWN you) are running on ya's, its just another naturally occurring stationary upper level high pressure ridge... a large mid and upper level dome near Alaska. We get about 7 of them setting up over the northeastern pacific per year on average, which causes troughing (trough = a vast area of mid/upper level low pressure, a depression) downstream from that upper high pressure ridge/dome. Cold arctic air is forced to flow around those high pressure domes near/over Alaska as flow becomes blocked because those high speed air streams cannot flow over the high altitude tops of those ridges. We live downstream inside that vast depression, directly in the  path of that cold upper level air flowing around the southern edge of that high pressure ridge over the NE Pacific. So are butts are anchored within the middle of a cool, rainy weather pattern right now. Its explanation is as simple as that... and weather patterns are always explained as simple as that.

By the way, those routine 7 NE pacific ridges that set up per year are influenced by the natural cycles of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) and the Arctic Oscillation (AO) both of which are trending and holding Negative right now, which are the reason and direct cause why each of those 7 upper level NE pacific ridges form every year. Since the govcorps provide all of our schooling by "law", we are stuck with a global population of severely uneducated (retarded IMO) peoples who don't understand how things work, all of which are easily fooled by their owners lies.

Almost everyone have seen a large rock sitting in the middle of a river or a fast flowing stream before. Flowing water builds up in front of that big rock and rises to flow over it, but if the rock is large enough the flow of water cannot quite reach the top of that rock to flow over it. As a result the bulging head of water is forced to flow around the rock. Flowing water speed must then increase above the speed of the current in that river (flow around is faster than the speed of the current, since there is a large volume of bulged up water behind the rock "dam" escaping)  as it flows around each side of that rock. A large depression having an area much larger than the rock itself forms downstream of that rock as a result of water flowing past each side of the rock at a higher velocity (physics fact: as velocity of a mass increases, pressure within that mass decreases) than the current. Downstream of that rock the water is very shallow within an area much wider and much longer than the mass of the rock that caused that depression, because its mass has less pressure than the main river current. Weather patterns are driven by the same physics. It may help many folks to understand the physics by comparing the high speed upper level air flows of earths atmosphere, to large rivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this came about due the big dust storms that swept over the nation back in olden days ....  farmers were more intent to break up (sod busters) ultra dry ground .... the general rule here is if you can make a ball of soil stick together in your hand ... it's too wet to till, but! if you do the same and it falls apart .. it's good workable soil... yet the USDA ... made those  (no tilling) choices ... for soil conservation .....  this is same goverment inanity that over sees the welfare program... and they did a good job there, didn't they ?????  here if you do not alply for deep soil tillage ...and do with your land as you wish,  you get fined... yet ..... many farms around here have been turned into off road mud  parks .... Wth kind of since does this make ??? NONE!!! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

9 minutes ago, retro said:

we are stuck with a global population of severely uneducated (retarded IMO) peoples who don't understand how things work, all of which are easily fooled by their owners lies.

EXACTLY!!!