Melatv

Weather

2 hours ago, TBRider said:

It's raining out right now @ -5C and I'm expecting my driveway will be a rink by morning.....

Pic of driveway in 2018

IMG_20180206_175812.jpg

ya ever where ice skate's to get around?

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

ya ever where ice skate's to get around?

Lots of times, we get bad ice storms here, but I remember times when I was young we could skate all over because of the ice. It's normal to have ice picks on your boots here. But my driveway would be like a crashed ice course if I get a bunch more rain.

10 hours ago, TBRider said:

Lots of times, we get bad ice storms here, but I remember times when I was young we could skate all over because of the ice. It's normal to have ice picks on your boots here. But my driveway would be like a crashed ice course if I get a bunch more rain.

Wild. i used roller skates once to walk on the ice. every one else was falling on their bottoms. it was slippery. those shoes with tiny wheels, that kids skate in malls, you push a button on the side, the wheels come out. the ice wasnt that thick. maybe just less the half an inch.

the wheels would poke holes in the ice.  

ya gotta allow me percentages on my measurements, plus or minus 10% or more. the ice would support a persons weight. wouldnt crack when they fell down. and they fell like tree's cut by lumberjacks. i didnt. 🙂

only if they made those shoe's with drop down cleats

Edited by LedFTed
the same

too late ta edit. cloud's broke up, i seen the sunshine. few cloud's, stars at night, 46 tonight,68 tomorrow then back to cold/rain. what a march. i hope NOAA/NWS  keeps predicting the weather. they were wrong last week it was supposed to be 5 or 6 days of rain. What a gravy job. i should have a job like that. lol

i hope NOAA/NWS  keeps predicting the weather. they were wrong last week it was supposed to be 5 or 6 days of rain. What a gravy job. i should have a job like that. lol

Ted, you wouldn't.  want to deal with those idiots..... They predicted a severe storm out break for middle Tennessee .... And missed by a long shot one single heavy front of rain (radar indicated )  .... (Slight flooding) , and not to my surprise not one word from MTEARS , and no change in the barometric pressure .....

you are right in a way. i dont think i would enjoy a job where, where ya get paid for making mistakes.

• Like 1

I just wander if they get it right this evening ..... Lol .... Maybe they would have better luck researching the virus haha! 

image.jpg

For my part of the country it looks legit. We are suppose to get a few inches tomorrow/sat. Question is if/when it's rain or snow. A year ago is when we had bad flooding (I barely made it home because every road was flooded) but this year the warm weather has everything opened so I'm not that worried.

was warm and clear till about 3:30 then a storm moved in. some thunder, barely heard, heavy rain, and the creek is sounding loud. gotta stay up till 2am ta see if the tornado watch, was worth staying up for.  it does this constantly, S O S or same manure. usually it happens when they dont warn you. the warning system went quite years ago. copper thieves. i complained to every agency i could think of. nothing happened. maybe they will fix it, since scrap has dropped to bottom level's. guess who has taken over the old honda forum's and they why they aint like they was? nuff said

Edited by LedFTed
correction's, not jail though

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I just wander if they get it right this evening ..... Lol .... Maybe they would have better luck researching the virus haha! 

image.jpg

nope

80 degrees the last two days around here , got the grass cut  and got stung twice by warps , spring is over and summer is here 

• Like 1

Its been warm and sunny here lately. It rained, then snowed all day yesterday though. Not much new accumulation, but our snowpack is still too deep to walk through without snowshoes. Soon as it melts down to about 8 inches the Rancher will be busy in the woods.

• Like 1

We'll.... Thankfully they missed the severe weather forcast.... But once again  more flooding .....Mathis might turn out to be a extremely wet year for the south... But it's been a few years sence I've see it happen ... 58 nos .... And a forecasted low or 40 for tomorrow morning .

Stars are out, few clouds, moon is waxing, just past the 1/2 point working on 3/4., and i learned something i didnt know. people see the moon in the southern hemisphere exactly opposite then in the northern hemisphere. Guess it's because their up side down.

my eyes water all the time, and it blurs my vision.

Edited by LedFTed

[auote]you are right in a way. i dont think i would enjoy a job where, where ya get paid for making mistakes.[/quote]

Agreed lol .... Not to mention those at at Fox News CNN, or bsndc.

the last two days it has been in the 50's, started snowing about two hours ago, ground is warm enough it is melting as it hits. more  times than not we get a snow storm during boys high school basketball tourney, right on schedule

On 3/13/2020 at 6:38 AM, LedFTed said:

Stars are out, few clouds, moon is waxing, just past the 1/2 point working on 3/4., and i learned something i didnt know. people see the moon in the southern hemisphere exactly opposite then in the northern hemisphere. Guess it's because their up side down.

my eyes water all the time, and it blurs my vision.

The moon is very interesting , placement and distance in relation to earth , size , orbit , spin  , it's effects on tides , animals and even humans ( lunitics ) , all kinds of aspects , without the moon then the  earth would not be what it is ---maybe it was drug there with a tractor beam and really use to be a star wars space station at one time , LOL , or am I ..... 

We were gonna head to Rapid City South Dakota yesterday. My wife's folks live there call my and I was going to try to meet a couple of the guys that are on this forum that live in Rapid City. You heard that there was going to be a storm, and traveling across Eastern Montana Wyoming in in the South Dakota it is very treacherous this time of year as they are very wide open and prairie like. Glad we did go got this picture from my sister-in-law this morning this is their deck and it is still snowing.   Would have  been a nasty trip And more than likely might have been stranded. So instead we stayed home and I get to work through the weekend lol

605880000.jpg

• Like 1

some sun today, nippy for 66,  if it ever made it that high. 3 days of rain, if they get it right. low of 31 and 28, fri. an sat night, respectively.

Ff., for once my sister was mostly right. store's in Montana, might not have as many people. Hope so, in a way, for your sake. more than costco got hit here.

Oh Well!!! "hit's happens". lol

On 3/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, Fishfiles said:

The moon is very interesting , placement and distance in relation to earth , size , orbit , spin  , it's effects on tides , animals and even humans ( lunitics ) , all kinds of aspects , without the moon then the  earth would not be what it is ---maybe it was drug there with a tractor beam and really use to be a star wars space station at one time , LOL , or am I ..... 

i always felt calmer during a full moon. kinda relaxed. didnt sleep as much though. didnt need to.

you body is like 90% water , the moon pulls on water like the tides , so 

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

you body is like 90% water , the moon pulls on water like the tides , so 

what make's the loonie tune's come out, during a full moon. they drink to much water? 🙃

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

what make's the loonie tune's come out, during a full moon. they drink to much water? 🙃

Think you need to have first been  bitten by a Loup Garu / Werewolf   or have been a jockey !!!! ---  hehehe !! 

• Haha 1