bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

So, i got an exhaust pipe an muffler. yesterdays tractors. i had to move the tractor, and didnt want to waste the exhaust gaskets as the manifold needs to be shaved a bit more. so, i used ultra copper pematex for the meantime. form a gasket it is, but still works so far. it worked on the 55 1st edition of my apache chevy truck as well. two piece manifold, intake and exhaust. their was some serious space involved that time.. near an 1/8 or so. there are applications where form a gasket works, but shadetree is right, dont use this where it involves internal engine parts. not on your honda, not on anything. (on the side, i painted the exhaust, Plasti-kote ford red, good for 500 degrees) leaving the manifold, the exhaust is the prettiest black color i ever seen. extreme burnt cheery..  lol

still working the orange ultra copper, permatex. though ya can hear the solid lift, for a change. it does belong outside the engine, though. form-a-gasket.

I love tractors. They've been a lifelong passion, and why I do what I do. www.stabilworks.rocks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hodge5 said:

I love tractors. They've been a lifelong passion, and why I do what I do. www.stabilworks.rocks

Cool , I bought a turn bucket not too long ago , for my Sears Suburban , was no longer available , did you make this one , LOL 

I just finally put the cover on the starter /  generator , my buddy built it about 4 years ago , I added the starter , it was pull start when I got it  

I work on heavy equipment myself , I do about any models , but I like dirt machines the best 

jlNUYen3SE6vKMvluZ7+Dw.jpg

XH93e2VZQqCOaEYLze+NLg.jpg

1w0flMQARhqzjpBA%6yzow.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hodge5 said:

Im with you hodge...... Been around them all my life we were into raising crops, and cattle, and a few horses....... I loved it, plus the freedom, and not being behind a desk, then i got part time into bikies Harley's .atvs etc, farming is a hard life,mand just about impossible to make a living at nowa days we slowed up, and rented a good portion of land out, and now just have about  500 moma cows. 

• Like 1

Growing up, we always had tractors. We didn't farm; we had mountain land, and had a tractor or two to bush hog, clear land, cut firewood, etc. The first vehicle I drove was a Ford 8N. It was always a childhood dream to own my own tractor, one day. I couldn't wait to have one I called my own. 

Two John Deere tractors and a skid steer scratches that itch, now.

To chase a rabbit, it was also a dream to have an ATV. There was no chance of having a 3 wheeler or dirt bike when I was a kid, so my friends and I would take broken down riding mowers and mod them. We had a ball of fun, learned a lot, and I can now look back and say that we were better off. It was a special day, though, when I bought my first ATV (a Yamaha 200M), and my first new atv, my TRX300.

Edited by hodge5
  • Like 2

Your okay in my book.... Lol my 1st tractor solo was our ford 4000 selecto-speed, and a johndeere bar rake..... I hated raking hay for a while after that.. Haha! ....... I can relate to just about everything you stated above....... The 1st bike i ever purchased was a honda 85 fourtrax 250 that i wish i had never sold........

• Like 1

well..all i got ( and my very first at that ! ) is my little ole kubota b2100, had to rebuild the transmission..but worth every dime. 

• Like 1

This conversation is bringing back memories. My best friend had family in Rustburg (VA), who were dairy farmers. His parents ran the local airport, and he had gotten his pilots license at 16. We would fly to Rustburg for the weekend- they had a grass strip on the farm because his dad used to operate a spray plane out of it (a Stearman, no less). We would go down, and ride atv's all weekend. They had a Big Red, and a Kawasaki 3 wheeler. I was enthralled with that Big Red. That was my introduction to Honda ATV's. I had very little interest in the Kawi.

Edited by hodge5
  • Like 1

B2100 is a good tractor. My first was a B7100.

14372100_10154465614069831_8482949468190380189_o.jpg

Edited by hodge5
  • Like 1

A friend of mine is retired, and spends his time taking care of his daughter (she had a stroke as a young adult), and working odd jobs to help take care of her. He does a lot of side work with his small tractor- finish mowing and bush hogging and tilling gardens. He has wanted a 4WD with a loader for a long time, but his budget is pretty tight. He was able to buy this on Wednesday, from a family member. It's a 1979 Ford 1300, 523 hours (that's verified, and the tractor is super tight), and everything works. He didn't have a way to haul it, so we put it on my gooseneck. I was as excited as he was.

IMG_0360.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

B2100 is a good tractor. My first was a B7100.

14372100_10154465614069831_8482949468190380189_o.jpg

man..i'm drooling over those suit case weights..and tires !..my b2100 has turf tires on it...and its 4wd !..lol.

8 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

A friend of mine is retired, and spends his time taking care of his daughter (she had a stroke as a young adult), and working odd jobs to help take care of her. He does a lot of side work with his small tractor- finish mowing and bush hogging and tilling gardens. He has wanted a 4WD with a loader for a long time, but his budget is pretty tight. He was able to buy this on Wednesday, from a family member. It's a 1979 Ford 1300, 523 hours (that's verified, and the tractor is super tight), and everything works. He didn't have a way to haul it, so we put it on my gooseneck. I was as excited as he was.

IMG_0360.jpg

spreading gravel at my cabin...i coulda used a front end loader !..lol..had to spread 46 tons with my box blade..oh what fun that was !.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, shadetree said:

man..i'm drooling over those suit case weights..and tires !..my b2100 has turf tires on it...and its 4wd !..lol.

I had gone over to a local Kubota dealership, which had an old pile of weights. I found 3 correct ones, and paid $10 each. 

Wow- 46 ton with a box blade. Did the driver spread them for you, or was it in piles?

3 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

I had gone over to a local Kubota dealership, which had an old pile of weights. I found 3 correct ones, and paid $10 each. 

Wow- 46 ton with a box blade. Did the driver spread them for you, or was it in piles?

2 piles, 23 tons each..all spread with my box blade..lol. 10 bucks each ?..wow !. i can't find any for that price.

• Haha 1

Wow. That's a lot of work! You do what you have to do. 

I was fortunate. I knew the owner of the dealership, and I think that they did me a favor. Normally, at that time, I think that they typically went for a dollar a pound.

8 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

Wow. That's a lot of work! You do what you have to do. 

I was fortunate. I knew the owner of the dealership, and I think that they did me a favor. Normally, at that time, I think that they typically went for a dollar a pound.

and they make you buy them in sets..not one at a time !..lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shadetree said:

and they make you buy them in sets..not one at a time !..lol.

My newest tractor had them already.

unnamed 8_zpsgbatphi8.JPG

You do know you can add fluid to the tires, or even bolt on tire weights ? Fluid causes less wear  on your front drive gear.... Wheels weights also help cut back on wear, and it will not alter the way tire wear out. 

19 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You do know you can add fluid to the tires, or even bolt on tire weights ? Fluid causes less wear  on your front drive gear.... Wheels weights also help cut back on wear, and it will not alter the way tire wear out. 

On the Kubota, I had filled the front tires, but they only increased by about 30 pounds each. They were just too small in volume to make much difference. The suitcase weights were more effective. On the Deere, it would be a similar result. My only implement that makes the front end significantly lighter is my bush hog, and the weights are sufficient to keep me steering. We have a loader on the 5065E, so that's taken care of.