Jump to content
Macarena Man

Newbie here . . . .

Recommended Posts

New guy here . . . have a pair of old Foreman 450's.

Like to learn new stuff, and looking forward to learning here.

Glad to be here!

Mac-Man

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Thank you toodeep!  Lots of familiar names here . . . . Shade gave me the address. Glad to be here with old friends.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Well I'll be darned! You never check your private messages ! Anyways .... Glad you made it bro! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

welcome mac-man, dang glad to see ya with us old timers...cept jeffo21 up yunder ^^^^..lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

New guy here . . . have a pair of old Foreman 450's.

Like to learn new stuff, and looking forward to learning here.

Glad to be here!

Mac-Man

now...you know dang well...anytime your with us reg's ?..YOU LEARN EVERY DAY !. I just learned today that the honda trx300fw's all do not have the same length air filter element ?!!.. ( credit goes to fish ) who says ya can't teach old dogs new tricks ?!!!!..lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Gramps use to always have saying for everything , one he used , paraphrasing him was " if you don't learn something new everyday , you are not paying attention to  life " ------ my problem now days is remembering what I learned  , CRS ( can't remember .... )  is a terrible thing

 

I worked with a pipeline mechanic named Wilton Shaw , he was about 75 and still working in the early 80s when I was coming up in the Operator Union ,  he  could fix anything with a hammer , a  crescent wrench , his pocket  knife  and his imagination  , he use to always say " son , I forgot more than you will ever know " , I can relate to where he was coming from  now 

 

another good one old Shaw you to tell some of them hands , " son , I seen stupid and I seen lazy , bit I ain't never seen the likes of you " LOL 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Gramps use to always have saying for everything , one he used , paraphrasing him was " if you don't learn something new everyday , you are not paying attention to  life " ------ my problem now days is remembering what I learned  , CRS ( can't remember .... )  is a terrible thing

 

I worked with a pipeline mechanic named Wilton Shaw , he was about 75 and still working in the early 80s when I was coming up in the Operator Union ,  he  could fix anything with a hammer , a  crescent wrench , his pocket  knife  and his imagination  , he use to always say " son , I forgot more than you will ever know " , I can relate to where he was coming from  now 

 

another good one old Shaw you to tell some of them hands , " son , I seen stupid and I seen lazy , bit I ain't never seen the likes of you " LOL 

I wonder if this wilton  was related to anywhere in my family tree ??..lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Shade , Wilton was from Arkansas , he came down here following pipeline jobs in his silver Airstream travel trailer and never left , come to think of it now , his accent  sounded a lot like you !!!! ----   his favorite word was son , used it all the time ,  " Son , look at them hands over there , ain't got nare spot of dirt on their clothes , ain't done a dam thing all day , only dirt they got on them is from  brown nosing the boss's ... , they are worthless as ! on a bull hog  " 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Wow , I never knew about the bad word block out and it getting automatically replaced with an exclamation point ( ! ) , that's cool -------  that word I used was one of the words George Carlin listed as not to be used on TV , in todays society I never knew that was a banded word , is there a list of other no-no words  some where , LOL 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
5 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Why does your marker show you in Tanzania?

I was wonder the same thing TB , didn't realize there were bears and snow on the coast of Africa , LOL ---- my first attempt to post my location had me in Georgia 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Yea , and where are those iconic  aviators we have come to enjoy  !!!!!  ----   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!  Nice to be here.  Looked around the site last night and it's sure easy to navigate.  Layed out smartly.  😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hey Mac man, know you helped out when I was having problems on the old site, glad you are here....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

is there a list of other no-no words  some where , LOL 

 

Yeah its a works in progress in the AdminCP. I started it... if its overkill or some words should be removed from that list hollar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
13 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

have a pair of old Foreman 450's.

 

And a nice TRX350 if I remember right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, retro said:

 

Yeah its a works in progress in the AdminCP. I started it... if its overkill or some words should be removed from that list hollar.

Its so funny to me how this is standard basic stuff and the old site they didnt utilize it and expexted us to play "mall security guard". I say mall security guard because we had zero autority to do anything about it. And it wasnt in any rules i dont think either. Would have made our life alot easier had they just blocked them in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...