toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

you ever wonder why they search for intelligence, outwards from earth, outer space, instead of on earth.

a quote i read, cant remember who. ha ha

5 hours ago, bcsman said:

Was wondering the same for the mower..... lol

i think i can get by without the mower ?, the mower means work..then i have to go inside to cool off from using the mower ?!..lol.

• Haha 2

Wow...... i just had to go look... and check this one out, while looking i was thinking i bet (and i dont gamble) @AKATV has seen some really high hard to believe numbers when i happened up on this .....(part honda atv part timex watch)..... another was around 200470, or it might be 200740... Credit for the pic goes to AKATV.

IMG_8462.PNG

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

Thought this was pretty cool too.  Old school deer stand.  I'd say it's been there awhile given the tree's growth.

tree stand.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Thought this was pretty cool too.  Old school deer stand.  I'd say it's been there awhile given the tree's growth.

tree stand.jpg

Reminds me of @shadetrees dedication to deer hunting.

Edited by _Wilson_™

How long before she gave up? 😆 Reminds me when my dad tried to get my teenage cousins to pull an armadillo out of a hole by his tail! They finally gave up after 30 minutes of trying and daddy laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Kevron said:

How long before she gave up? 😆 Reminds me when my dad tried to get my teenage cousins to pull an armadillo out of a hole by his tail! They finally gave up after 30 minutes of trying and daddy laughing.

She chased it another 100 yards, then there was a 2nd, larger dilla there.  She got torn on which one to chase and they both scampered off in opposite directions.

• Like 1

This is not gambling advice, just sayin'.....

superbowl-01.png

superbowl-02.png

Y'all knew that nothing is ever left to chance, right....? Just asking for a friend..... who thinks that we oughta bankrupt the criminal gambling industry this weekend. I ain't a player though. Besides, there are four teams remaining, this lil' "slip" might have been intentional. Know what I'm sayin'....

• Like 2

So here’s what’s been keeping me busy.

The town that I work in  has had several decades of corrupt leadership who have stolen tremendous amounts of money from the city. What this means is they have neglected infrastructure repairs and maintenance.

The current mayor’s first act in office was to give himself and his “chief of staff“ twice their former salaries, and to hire a water department manager who had no experience and no certifications qualified him for such work.

With the week of snow and ice we had last week causing higher than normal usage and more leaks in an already leaky system, the water system has completely fallen apart. One of the wells is completely dry and the other three are running at 30% capacity.

So the city is completely without running water at this time and has been since last Friday. They are saying 3 to 4 weeks before any water will be restored and likely six months before it’s really fixed correctly.

i’ve been hauling water to work with me since I live in a neighboring town with no water issues. Me and one other guy in an office full of women, all industrial toilets which will not flush without substantial water pressure and no tanks on the back like a home toilet that can be manually filled to flush 

first order of business was to install two normal toilets with tanks on the back so that we can manually fill those with bottled water to flush. Keep in mind I have a medical clinic in my building, So we have to have toilets that flush. We only had two floor mount toilets in the building so those are the only ones we can replace.  All of the rest are wall mount, and a wall mount toilet with a tank is about six weeks out everywhere I could find.

had a couple of Porta potty‘s brought in because the Gym members were all complaining that they couldn’t exercise. It’s hard to people make people understand that drinking water isn’t the issue, there is no water to flush toilets, wash hands, or clean the building.

Yesterday the other guy at work (who farms on the side in addition to being a health educator), brought in a couple of totes that hold around 300 gallons each. We started trying to figure out how we could get that pumped into the buildings pipes.

shut the water off at the meter going to the city lines, had to step down from a 2 inch fitting on the tote to a 1 inch line going into the pump, then the outlet from the pump had to have a check valve in it to keep backflow from happening, then to a garden hose which we first attempted to hook up to the outside faucet on the building. That had a backflow preventer as well so that didn’t work. We ended up going Into the cold water supply line for the kitchen sink. Clamped a shark bite onto the copper line and added  a couple of adapters where we could hook up a garden hose. 

we now have running water again. We will have to be frequently refilling these totes, but at least we can flush our toilets at work again.

National Guard has a 2000 gallon water buffalo running back-and-forth to a nearby city so they will refill our totes. We have to pull the trailer a couple of miles down the road where the National Guard is set up.

was a frustrating day with 20 trips to the hardware store trying to find different adapters to make sure that we had everything like it should be, but feels good going home knowing that we at least have a temporary solution

04011D96-4F46-41A4-A581-DDFF47406B62.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

53 minutes ago, PROV said:

What a pain!!

you can say that again. 

doesnt look like much, but that’s 19 different pvc fittings to get all that to work, plus another 4 on the other end where it connects to the building.   

But seriously, these women were going feral with fighting over the one original working toilet we had (only one in the building with a tank on the back that we could manually fill)

• Haha 4

Smarter than the average Bear, eh Booboo!!!

Yogi.png

Neighboring businesses and households gonna be eyeballin' and taking pictures of your stuff now, I imagine. Pity the fools who have no men with skills working for them.... yet!  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Y'all plumb just like I do. Hahah....

I recall very well when Phil valitine ...... dedicated one complete hour of his show to the new smaller tanked toilets... what he said would happen... in fact HAS happened...... health issues, complaints, and just an all around un satisfied public ect ect ect.... you might recall when i re did my bathroom downstairs ? Well i made the mistake of letting that full size unit get away from me, a guy i had helping... had mentioned he would haul if it off, well back then the news wasnt so bad, because the newer toilet has the same size tank as the old one, i think 5 plus gal ? (pre 1980) so when news of the smaller tank problems started getting out MORE along with the health issues some were reporting,  i chose to bend the rules (MY WAY) extended the over flow tube  plus took part the regulator (float valve) and modified it as well....BAWOOSH now (suck your arm right down) i had talked with him for a few months after the re model, and i asked him about that old one, said id like to have it back, and that if i had known what was coming down the chute ( so to speak ) i never would have gotten rid of it, i dont recall right off hand how much he sold it for, but it was up there for a very old unit.... @Freedomflyer i bet you have heard some thoughts on this subject as well being a home builder ? And have talked with plumbers and perspective buyers ?

IMG_8696.JPG

• Like 2

Holy cow Jeep, where is this at? I have some concerns about our city government. We have new city management out of Texas. Absolutely no idea what in the world they are doing. For the first time in a long time i've been thankful for not much snow. This guy and his cronies that he brought with them have no clue how to run anything. Don't know how he got the job. But he brought several people with him. And the same thing first thing they did was voted themselves. Big races and all brand new vehicles. Every time it snows They plow only certain streets, One of them is ours And they plow everything right into The area where We have our guest parking. Also in front of our driveway. They create a Burn about eighteen inches high by eight feet wide every time. And if we push it back in the street they will ticket us. They are not taking care of things that they should be So I have some big concerns about our future.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Holy cow Jeep, where is this at? I have some concerns about our city government. We have new city management out of Texas. Absolutely no idea what in the world they are doing. For the first time in a long time i've been thankful for not much snow. This guy and his cronies that he brought with them have no clue how to run anything. Don't know how he got the job. But he brought several people with him. And the same thing first thing they did was voted themselves. Big races and all brand new vehicles. Every time it snows They plow only certain streets, One of them is ours And they plow everything right into The area where We have our guest parking. Also in front of our driveway. They create a Burn about eighteen inches high by eight feet wide every time. And if we push it back in the street they will ticket us. They are not taking care of things that they should be So I have some big concerns about our future.

Helena-West Helena AR.

Current mayor was on the city council for 12 years, and in 2021 when the previous mayor reported to the council that well #9 was failing and needed to be replaced (estimated 650K), the current mayor "Fofo" said it just needed new filters and wouldn't even call it to a vote.

His last act on 12/31/22 on the city council was to double the mayor's salary (the day before he took office) and to hire an ex-mayor who was in charge 10 years ago as his "chief of staff" (at the same doubled salary of the new mayor).   This prior mayor was loaned 13 million by the state to update the water system back 15 years ago or so.   No one knows what happened to that money, but it obviously wasn't spent on the water system.  The state apparently forgave the loan, so no one really dug into it.

Fofo has openly told people he plans to get everything he can out of Helena while he's in office, and then move to Southhaven MS where he has a 2nd home.  He's hired his family to mow all over town as contractors (he also raised the "no bid" contract amount to about 3x's what it was on his last day on the city council) and those contracts exceed the entire city payroll for trash/maint/water depts.  

The just open corruption is astounding.  I don't live here, but I'm flabbergasted that the townsfolk haven't tarred and feathered him by now. 

He is blaming the state for not stepping in and fixing the problem, and the state, other than sending National Guard in to supply water, has been mostly silent.   I think they're being smart honestly.  If they swoop in and fix the problem the cronies that have pillaged this town walk away with what they stole and no consequences.   I hate that people have to suffer, but I think it's necessary for people to realize that the people they put in charge need to be thoughtfully considered.

• Thanks 1

kids, dont learn any skills anymore, and are not self-motivated too. i cant understand no curiosity, not wanting to learn. does it start by watching the boob-tube, as tv was once called?

maybe the school curriculum, though i believe it begins at home, let the screen watch the kids.