Melatv

Weather

riverc , how you feel about marking your location on the members map , I am the only member in the  south listed , need some help representing the Dirty South , LOL 

Nice day here today, started off cold but warmed up. No wind, which is nice for a change. supposed to be a lot of rain coming tomorrow and thursday. Bummer. There was a time in my life I used to love rain, meant more mud on the trails lol. Those days are behind me haha.

• Like 2

Was a nice, calm, bright sunny day today. We have two feet of snow down so far with some minor drifting in my yard. I have been packing the snow down after each storm with the snowmobile, so I'm still riding the Rancher this week. Probably have to wash it and put it up 'til spring before the next storm arrives though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, retro said:

Was a nice, calm, bright sunny day today. We have two feet of snow down so far with some minor drifting in my yard. I have been packing the snow down after each storm with the snowmobile, so I'm still riding the Rancher this week. Probably have to wash it and put it up 'til spring before the next storm arrives though.

Retro....I can't place where you live,help me out lol

He should be on the members map...yep he is, upper peninsula in God's country...

We set a new record high temp today on 12/06/19 , 83F , but it was a pleasant 83 , no sweating cause the humidity was low 

I managed to tweek my back again, so I haven’t left the house in two days.

Picked up a 500 motor last week, carried it into the shop. No problem.

Wed I try to pick the baby up, guess I was twisted just right when I did it. There goes the back again 

47 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We set a new record high temp today on 12/06/19 , 83F , but it was a pleasant 83 , no sweating cause the humidity was low 

yeah i hear the last 2 days have been nice.

30 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I managed to tweek my back again, so I haven’t left the house in two days.

Picked up a 500 motor last week, carried it into the shop. No problem.

Wed I try to pick the baby up, guess I was twisted just right when I did it. There goes the back again 

Jeep that's a bummer.I hardly ever tell this cause it sounds crazy.A few years back hurt my back one morning when i brushed my teeth yes that's true was in pain for several days.

back injuries suck, I have had more than my share

one of my last one's and  this is 100% true

I was getting out of a chair at work and  tore a  some muscles in my upper back, should have seen me  going into my bosses office to tell him I got hurt on the job getting out of my chair LOL

its weird how things can go bad

and I'll tell you this, once you have a bad back, its pretty much a keeper for life and as yrs go by it only gets worse, or that's how its been for me

I have many days I am useless, don;t know what to do with myself, cannot sit, stand, lay down, or move, breathing hurts

and to those that never had a BAD back, or bad back pain, they have NO clue what it really is like, till THEY experience it

its real easy to say, its NOT that bad or live with it, deal with it

and a whole other thing when its your back that is depleting you!

and trust me when you hurt your back  in the right way, it will drain your energy faster than about anything, and prevent you from doing even simple things

Woke up to -23C this morning...... it's going to be a long winter...

10 hours ago, TBRider said:

Woke up to -23C this morning...... it's going to be a long winter...

That's cold,i remember the cold 3 winters when i lived in St. Paul,Mn. was a lot colder than the 18 years i lived in Ks.Sure am enjoying the mild La.winter we are getting now..

We get down to -30C and colder here, last year was a cold winter.

was 12 F here this morning, light snow a falling  and rather windy, making it feel colder than it is!

I don;t mind the cold or snow, but I hate the ice, this last rain storm went from rain  to sleet to snow, and  was below freezing the whole time, so that left ice under  and on everything,  can plow the snow off the ice, but till it warms up, the ice ain';t going any where here, solid 1 inc thick or more in spots on the driveway

funny part is, since I am at top of MY here, if I go about a  1/2 mile in any direction from me,

all the snow and ice is gone already 

that little bit extra elevation, sure can make a difference in things melting or not! or just snow, to rain!

6 minutes ago, mrbb said:

was 12 F here this morning, light snow a falling  and rather windy, making it feel colder than it is!

I don;t mind the cold or snow, but I hate the ice, this last rain storm went from rain  to sleet to snow, and  was below freezing the whole time, so that left ice under  and on everything,  can plow the snow off the ice, but till it warms up, the ice ain';t going any where here, solid 1 inc thick or more in spots on the driveway

funny part is, since I am at top of MY here, if I go about a  1/2 mile in any direction from me,

all the snow and ice is gone already 

that little bit extra elevation, sure can make a difference in things melting or not! or just snow, to rain!

You right about the elevation it does make a difference for sure experienced that when i lived in Co.

its 33 F here and raining like mad,  its going to drop into the low 20's tonight and  be a mess outside here< I Hate ICE! 

as it doesn't go away till a good warm up, and its winter now, shouldn't have  any of them NORMALLY, but, these days never know 

• Like 1

We are progged to receive some arctic air tuesday thru thursday, then its suppose to move off east. So this coming weekend might be a chiller for ya's Mel.

• Like 1

What a change a day can make right now its above freezing and raining....

Going to ba fun on the quad tomorrow

What a difference a day makes is right , was 63 this morning at daylight and Tuesday  it is suppose to be 40 in the morning , we get winter one or two days at a time 

26 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

What a difference a day makes is right , was 63 this morning at daylight and Tuesday  it is suppose to be 40 in the morning , we get winter one or two days at a time 

I stepped outside this morning to decide if I wanted to hunt,well changed my mind.Help wife with Christmas lights instead.Got to 80 today a bit warm to hunt.Looks like the temperature will be dropping through the day tomorrow with rain.I'm going hunt in the morning until I kill or get tired of sitting.Will be in my ground blind so will stay dry.

• Like 2

well it is now 50 F here and getting warmer they say by morning MID 50's

they said 30's this morning and now changed there minds on temps, as seems a warm front moved in? LOL

and now calling for 5 days of rain, then a COLD front with snow mixed in with the rain,

so mid 50's tomorrow morning and SNOW by days end! and then mix of rain rest of week?

went like 100+ days with rain this spring/summer. with it raining every 40 hours, I am SURE hoping winter ain;t going to be this way

not sure what happened to just SNOW In winter time, but these rains this time of yr SUCK IMO!

as temps drop, it gets all ice, and  ice is way harder to deal with than snow!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riverc said:

I stepped outside this morning to decide if I wanted to hunt,well changed my mind.Help wife with Christmas lights instead.Got to 80 today a bit warm to hunt.Looks like the temperature will be dropping through the day tomorrow with rain.I'm going hunt in the morning until I kill or get tired of sitting.Will be in my ground blind so will stay dry.

The next generation of hunters , my buddy got a doe Saturday past , I only hunted one time this year myself , we got 5 deer at every camera and a couple of nice bucks hanging around and the boys have come out in the day light , but they have been shy 

10 hours ago, riverc said:

DYBX1ETQRTCAaPupuZ2Akg.jpg

4hDG10UFRhK2xexLSBmIHg.jpg

vJGNVk0BRI2Ur0brnfMbgQ.jpg

• Like 1