Melatv

Weather

The forecast for Lacombe is a little better than South Dakota , Saturday 62F at 7:00AM   and  72 for the high , I can live  with that 

Hey @toodeep you dont have to push that snow to MI.  Our 40's and 50's arent quite done yet, I did let my fire run out last night but got going an hour ago.  We are expecting rain Sunday and Monday maybe an inch.  Been cutting some wood while dry yet....

I'm not sure what we've got in store..... But it's suppose to very nice for Saturday (70's). Keep hearing a GOOD. Chance of tornatic weather.... This will be the 1st dec ever! for predicted severe weather.... I'm prepared as much as i can be.....  So..... I'll have an ear on http://mtears.org/ and eye pealed to my barometric gauges....it is what it is.....

5 hours ago, toodeep said:

It's a nice day here at 41 degrees and I'm hoping the temps drop off fast before the weather moves in. We are suppose to get around 15 inches predicted so far with those good 40mph winds. It's going to be a nice weekend to sit in by the fire. If we get the rain before it turns then it might become an interesting weekend. Generators ready to go and plenty of gas on hand so I'm ready for whatever it dishes out.

5 hours ago, toodeep said:

It's a nice day here at 41 degrees and I'm hoping the temps drop off fast before the weather moves in. We are suppose to get around 15 inches predicted so far with those good 40mph winds. It's going to be a nice weekend to sit in by the fire. If we get the rain before it turns then it might become an interesting weekend. Generators ready to go and plenty of gas on hand so I'm ready for whatever it dishes out.

Didn't last long....What you are talking,y'all will be having a blizzard.

It's going to be warm tomorrow,so will get on stand after 6 a.m  and hunt till 11 or 12:00 if I don't kill earlier.

Staying steady at -21F here. The sun came and went and didn’t budge the temp up at all, all 3hrs 44min of it! 2 more minutes than yesterday though. Big storms down South of the Alaska Range have shut down one of our N - S highways with avalanche and whiteouts. That warm air coming from the South, is keeping us from being -40F. 

its was upper 60's here in SE Okla today. But rain for Saturday oh well good day to stay in and watch the Sooners beat up on LSU

49 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

its was upper 60's here in SE Okla today. But rain for Saturday oh well good day to stay in and watch the Sooners beat up on LSU

You may get an argument from @fishfiles on that prediction...

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 5:13 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

id have to disagree with the above statement ..... Lol ..... I'm intolerant / prejudiced about certain things,  ( like the problem with illegal drug use) but a snowflake ? I THINK NOT!!

Other than frozen rain, a "snowflake" is a term used to describe an overly sensitive person who thinks the world revolves around them.

i think we are on the same page, i just phrase it badly, not to mention spell. narcissist, comes to mind. if ya can, dont work for this type of person.

if your related, aint much ya can do.

Well..... Again .... We had major flooding I'd say around five + inches ......With temps around 60  F felt like a summer thunderstorm.....the radio traffic was horrible .....Numerous water rescues, one house fire caused by flooding 3 vehicles swept off the road way, thankfully no fatalities , two pics.... 1st off, water NEVER stands here, UNLESS there's extreme flooding, the first pic is just after the first line moved though, and the second pic ...... About an 2 hours ?? later.....mas of this morning at 4 AM 45 F and dropping.... Has old man winter finally settled in the south ?? Maybe so....i sure do feel for those up north,,I'd say this winter flooding could be one for the  books.....it's sure to be and interesting New Years 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Winter hit us , it is 52 this morning , has to turn off the a/c when I got up -------- it is  going to get really cold , they say it will be 41 tomorrow morning , I hate winter 

The weather is screwed up , we had 3 days in a row with no sun , very gloomy , mist in the air , bits of  light rain on and off and the temps were in the 70s in the day and 60s at night ---------   now the sun is going to come out today , but be windy and it be 60 for a high and 40s tomorrow morning , it has been backwards 

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Winter hit us , it is 52 this morning , has to turn off the a/c when I got up -------- it is  going to get really cold , they say it will be 41 tomorrow morning , I hate winter 

It was 43 when I climbed in the deer stand this morning,fired up the buddy heater till 9:30.They calling for 37 tomorrow morning buddy heater will be running again.

I think I might be able to get to town, next year. I dont think we got quite the amount of snow they was predicting but the wind was/is spot on.

20191230_113353.jpg

20191230_123426.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

That makes me cold just looking at it.

I wore shorts and a tshirt working on my shop Saturday.  Was mid 30's on my way to work this morning.

Warm compared to what yall up north are dealing with.

Didn't get any snow in the SE part of the state just 1-1/2" of rain. unusual for Dec.  Today overcast  and 31 with winds in excess of 30 MPH with gust as high as 55 MPH. A bit raw. I 80 is still closed  in the center part of the state.  

• Like 1

Its only just begun to blow here.... the Fgen band set up east of here last night so that limited our snowfall to only about 4 inches today. The forecast is for 5-10 more inches of lake-effect snow overnight through Tuesday, with moderate drifting. January 1st will be a dry and sunny day tho. Then we brace for the next round of troughing (with some arctic air blasts following clippers) that is forecast to amplify through the middle of January. Pretty routine stuff...

• Like 1

50s yesterday on my birthday all the snow was gone, got to go for a nice ride on the bike! Storm started here around 230ish, expected to get 5-6inches not to bad..

20191229_101753.jpg

• Like 2

i think it was 2 days ago the rains hit. we got about 4", maybe a bit more. i know this, because, someone didnt take care of the turkey pan, or whatever its called.  after a couple of days, it was emptied, then brought back into the house, where it sat. on the center isle, between the stove, an the sink.

the smell got like an outhouse on steroids. imagine that.. anywho, i sat it outside before the rain came. took the lid off. it rained fairly hard here, even warshed the smell out of the turkey pan. was over 4", but not quite 5. just a few days before, it was in the 60's. after the rain, the wind was so loud the next day, or when it started, i thought a passenger jet was flying over the house, closer to the ground, then normal. i been through, that twisty wind. once ya hear it, ya never forget it. anyway, 44f or lower tonight. 2 or 3 days, comes another rain. egor

Happy birthday @balljoints 

As for weather.... The future forcast for yet ... More rain expected for Thursday - Saturday ..... I'm a fan of this warm weather, but around here, we could use a break for the ground to dry out some.... My farm is being torn apart where Dennis feeds round bails.... The place is starting to resemble a sloppy muddy  hog farm..... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

Snow day here, they are forecasting 4-6" of snow, maybe rain at the end