Melatv

Weather

it was some windy the last few days. granted the road is set up like a wind tunnel. with ridges on both sides. then ya get top of the hill winds. the in-laws barn, actually my sisters. (long story), took a hit. the wind took off part of the roof. its still there so to speak, just flipped over. what was at the bottom, is now at the top, going over the crest. least it took out a part or the barn roof not being used. was another storm, in the house family. i wont bore ya with this one.

now,; where fish finds those animals on the bank, that like wood. a story for another day..

i was at a party once. bikers.. one of the girls. picked me up in the air, above her head. i was 104lbs. jockey weight. at the time, though being some embarrassed, i did wonder who would get ta tie the other one up, should it happen..

i done said much, to much. best quit...

'Ted , I can picture a Amazon woman  holding  a jockey over her head ------ whilst that was going on I was picnicking on the side of da'creek with " Bank Beaver / Babes "   , LOL 

• Like 1

It's 68 at my place 8:45 a.m with a 70% chance of rain later.Tomorrow will be cooler

53f today, still some comfortable. tonight, may get to 17f, not including the wind chill.

just par for the course.. Strange Days, including nights, have been here for many years.. Wish i could remember when the worm turned [weather],

perhaps it coincides with my strokes.. Ha Ha Ha

The weatherman totally missed it this morning , he was predicting 28 , it's 38 this morning and going up quick according to the predictions , I tell you it has become fake weather , Saturday he made it sound like all day rain , we almost called the ride , it rained ( drizzled lightly on and off ) till about 8:30 Saturday morning and not a drop after that , it was a beautiful day with the sun out and 70 degrees ---- fake weather , I think they are trying to scare people into the Global Warming hoax , LOL 

• Like 4

We are suppose to get into the upper 30s (almost 40) mid week and this coming weekend. I'm hoping that our weatherman is correct on that. I need a few snow piles to set up a little so i can move big chunks of them around. I'm running out of places to pile it already.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

fake weather , I think they are trying to scare people into the Global Warming hoax

Ya, propaganda is their role in society directed by the ruling families. Three corporations own all of the mind control medias, tv, radio, newspapers, magazines and the carpet-bombed "alternative medias" on the Internet . Guess who owns those three corporations. :-)  Same as it ever was.

They tell you that the weather is so crazy that they cannot predict it accurately anymore. Folks are eating it all up.... lies and drama are more fun to consume and repeat mindlessly, than thinking, facing facts and truth are. We ain't all dumb cattle though, are we. Nope.

Its gonna be warming, with above average temps throughout most of North America through the end of January. The USA corp will remain in a progressive pattern resulting in a continuing parade of precipitation producers flowing by from west to east across the continent, as northern hemisphere weather always does. The warm January air and frequent low pressure systems passing through are not because weather is crazy and unpredictable due to climate change/global warming. Nope, it's due to a persistent mid & upper level high pressure ridge that is expanding across northern Canada in an east-west band from its initial appearance/formation over the eastern Pacific Ocean. That same ridge we talked about more than a week ago. Cold Arctic air flows are being blocked and redirected north of that mid-upper level ridging, so we will have warm, moist southern Pacific air moving across the continent through the remainder of January.

There is nothing difficult about this stuff... forecasting future weather patterns is very easy when you can observe and gather current conditions data. Because there are always reasons... causal forces for everything.

Rolfson again from the day shift telling us about those expanding rising height anomolies (1st half is relevant):

.LONG TERM...(Tuesday night through Monday)
Issued at 345 PM EST MON JAN 20 2020

As we head thru late Jan, rounding out what is normally the low
point in the annual temp cycle, the weather will be anything but
cold. GFS/ECMWF/CMC ensemble means all indicate positive height
anomalies dominating much of Canada this week with a trend toward
these anomalies peaking in the vcnty of Hudson Bay over the weekend.
These positive height anomalies will then persist thru next week. As
a result, a split flow pattern will develop and dominate N America
with arctic air forced way to the n to the Canadian Arctic. Thus,
above normal temps will be the rule across Upper MI with the
greatest departures from normal on most days being min temps as
cloudy days will likely occur much more often than not. Under this
warm pattern, it is likely that Upper MI will not see any LES for
the remainder of Jan. Otherwise, there will be a fair progression of
shortwaves across the Lower 48 over the next 7 days. However, with
the strengthening positive height anomalies to the n, the more
significant southern stream shortwaves/low pres systems should be
forced on tracks far enough s to have minimal affect on Upper MI
weather. A trof will be amplifying over the Plains mid week with a
lead shortwave reaching the western Great Lakes later Wed, bringing
the next chc of light pcpn for Wed/Thu. Additional shortwave energy
dropping into the trof will likely close off a mid-level low into
the Lower Mississippi Valley or Lower Ohio Valley by late Fri. Would
expect this system and its associated heavier pcpn to pass by well
to the s and se of Upper MI. Over the weekend or early next week,
another shortwave may bring some light pcpn to the fcst area.

Beginning Tue night...it will be blustery across the w and n under
tight pres gradient btwn a 1035mb high pres moving across the Ohio
Valley and a 995mb low tracking e toward far northern
Ontario/southern Hudson Bay. Winds will be particularly brisk in
areas where s to sw winds downslope favorably thru the terrain to
Lake Superior. Expect some gusts to 30-35mph. Snow on the ground
that has not yet settled/compacted from any blowing/drifting around
on Tue will continue to blow/drift around Tue night.

First shortwave trof will approach on Wed. Ahead of it, corridor of
850-700mb moisture transport will translate across the area with RH
thru the column rapidly increasing. Combination of weak isentropic
ascent and decent upper level diffluence will work to support light
pcpn development in what quickly becomes a deep moisture column. Dry
mid-levels take longest for RH to increase, but it does occur
rapidly there as well. However, the short gap in the column
moisture, preventing introduction of ice crystals, and/or the short
time needed to evaporatively cool the column to blo 0C could support
a brief potential of -fzdz/-fzra with the onset of pcpn, but that
looks like a pretty low potential. Otherwise, ptype for the most
part will be -sn. Fcst soundings, especially over the w and later
Wed night, suggest there could be just enough mid-level drying for
an introduction of -fzdz. In any event, forcing is not particularly
strong Wed/Wed night, so snow will be on the light side. Consensus
of model qpf suggests a 1-2, maybe 3 inch snowfall with SLRs likely
being low in the 10-15 to 1 range due to a high DGZ and mostly weak
lift thru that layer.

Sfc trof associated with the first shortwave drifts se across the
area on Thu. Meanwhile, deep column moisture largely lingers thru
Thu/Fri, but with some indications of mid-level moisture thinning
out at times. Forcing for pcpn is rather nebulous during this time.
However, there are some indications that isentropic ascent will
increase a little Thu night/Fri morning. Generally, chc pops will be
carried thru Thu/Fri with higher pops later Thu night/Fri morning.
Ptype should mostly be just -sn, but can`t rule out some -fzdz at
times. Snow accumulations will be light, probably not more than an
inch or two.

Some spotty light pcpn may linger into Sat morning. Otherwise, the
weekend looks quiet. Another shortwave and some light pcpn may enter
the picture around Mon.
&&

• Like 4

retro is right;; ; if you can watch the wind patterns,, temps.,, elapsed time, over 3-7 days, including the jet stream. ya can fairly predict your weather, and be way ahead of the forecasters.. if you can find a site that does only three hours, 3 hours aint gonna show ya much.

into the teens at night. horse water froze over. i was expecting that. only been two days or so, of teens at night.

i gotta a water heater for the tank. i wont use it, till i make sure my 2 girls wont be electrocuted..  they stand heavy in the mud. 110ac is one thing, when you are not grounded, just tingles, a bit.. 220ac, is a bit rougher. just saying what i have experienced.. i havent been locked in yet.. voltage wise..

Mellrose Bacon, it used to be good. Mellrose Ave. downtown louisville.. i worked elevators back then.. on the back side of the building, you could see the pigs being processed, in a different spot.. the pigs got washed off, as a shower, then they moved up the line.. something was placed on the scull, like earphones. electricity was applied. them ears of the pig, stood strait up. the pig was motionless, hooked to a belt, moved down the line.. bloodletting after that..

1 day, we were outside. a pig got loose after the shock treatment. it was coming towards to the Jeep truck. i was scrambling to get into the bed of the truck. the boss/owner older brother,, seen that pig, jumped from the ground, into the bed of that truck. he were like a grass hopper. if i hadnt seen it, i would never believe it.. even though i seen it, i think it is impossible. didnt even touch the truck, he did.. just from the ground, into the bed of the truck.

over the bed wall, so too speak.. it wernt a flat bed truck.. regular jeep truck..

i got a 85 ranger ford truck, 2.8 engine. that jeep truck bed was higher then it, from the ground..

didnt mean to swing the thread. i got to tell a story, at the time i remember it. strokes, an dead brain cells. Ha Ha

just a thing..

-23C this morning, just glad I don't live in Newfoundland, they will be digging out for weeks after 30"+ of snow.

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

-23C this morning, just glad I don't live in Newfoundland, they will be digging out for weeks after 30"+ of snow.

Yes saw some pictures from Newfoundland showing the snow, hard to imagine opening your front door to a block of snow.  I dont know how they can even plow or blow the stuff, where's it gonna go?

It's 42 here at 10:30 a.m. Feels good low dewpoint.That's a lot of snow in NewFoundland remember a few years back Boston had so much snow,they were loading dump trucks and unloading in the ocean.

1 hour ago, bcsman said:

Yes saw some pictures from Newfoundland showing the snow, hard to imagine opening your front door to a block of snow.  I dont know how they can even plow or blow the stuff, where's it gonna go?

Same as what riverc wrote, they load up dump trucks and dump them in the ocean, st.johns opened the harbor there for snow dumping, we have some very large snowblowers up here, most of us are used to that much snow in a season but not in one shot. I had over 6ft here 2 yrs ago, last year around 4ft.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:22 AM, Fishfiles said:

The weatherman totally missed it this morning , he was predicting 28 , it's 38 this morning and going up quick according to the predictions , I tell you it has become fake weather , Saturday he made it sound like all day rain , we almost called the ride , it rained ( drizzled lightly on and off ) till about 8:30 Saturday morning and not a drop after that , it was a beautiful day with the sun out and 70 degrees ---- fake weather , I think they are trying to scare people into the Global Warming hoax , LOL 

Yeah I had a few people stop by the house Saturday.  One wanted to borrow my boat and trailer.  Water was over the road going to his duck club, and his boat was in the boat road going into the woods out there.

I asked if he wanted the trolling motor and he said he wouldn't need it, just had to paddle across the flooded spot, already had his Foreman on the far side where he could ride it into where his boat was parked (think lots of high ground with flooded areas so getting to the actual duck woods required crossing several low spots)

Then he came back and asked for the trolling motor...and a battery.  Left again.

Then he came back and wanted an outboard.  Dragged out my old 6HP Evinrude and it fired right up, sent him off with that.

Little while later he said the diaphram on the fuel pump was leaking and asked if I had an extra.  I said "You're about the borrowingest SOB I've ever seen"  (buddy from back to the time we were toddlers, so I expect it from him, and have a lot of fun giving him ! about it)

@BASFNB's brother came by to get an extra rear basket I had at about the same time.  At that point one of them said "Would have been a perfect day to ride".  Was sunny and mid 60's here that day (Saturday).  High yesterday was 35.

If you don't like the weather around here, you just stick around, because it will surely change in a matter of hours.

I heard today the Mississippi River in New Orleans  is right at the stage where construction within three blocks of the leeve has to stop , they get afraid of damaging the leeve by vibrations thru the ground ( I don't who thinks up the rules  ) ---- anyways ,  that mark is right before the flood stage mark , no doubt the spillway will be opened again this year 

Fish,crossed the old bridge on our way to Baton Rouge today.The river is high,heard it was going to crest at 38.5 Baton Rouge stage.But should start dropping in Feb. if no flooding rains up north.

The rain started at my place around 4:00 p.m looking like it will stick around through Thursday.

weather lady at fox news said this morning that an early spring is predicted. wish i could remember her name. you'd know her name ever ya seen her..

she is really good at weather if ya pay attention to what she is saying..

Edited by LedFTed

On 1/22/2020 at 12:15 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah I had a few people stop by the house Saturday.  One wanted to borrow my boat and trailer.  Water was over the road going to his duck club, and his boat was in the boat road going into the woods out there.

I asked if he wanted the trolling motor and he said he wouldn't need it, just had to paddle across the flooded spot, already had his Foreman on the far side where he could ride it into where his boat was parked (think lots of high ground with flooded areas so getting to the actual duck woods required crossing several low spots)

Then he came back and asked for the trolling motor...and a battery.  Left again.

Then he came back and wanted an outboard.  Dragged out my old 6HP Evinrude and it fired right up, sent him off with that.

Little while later he said the diaphram on the fuel pump was leaking and asked if I had an extra.  I said "You're about the borrowingest SOB I've ever seen"  (buddy from back to the time we were toddlers, so I expect it from him, and have a lot of fun giving him ! about it)

@BASFNB's brother came by to get an extra rear basket I had at about the same time.  At that point one of them said "Would have been a perfect day to ride".  Was sunny and mid 60's here that day (Saturday).  High yesterday was 35.

If you don't like the weather around here, you just stick around, because it will surely change in a matter of hours.

sounds like my area, of KY..  i had an Evinrude. might have been 6HP. and a 10HP Johnson. the Evinrude, the previous owner had mixed the gas with 30W.

i did for a while, then went more with a more modern oil mix, the engine blew up two runs later..

the 10HP was a 51 Johnson, i got stories to tell bout that. maybe at some other time.. it was a kick arse engine!!

Edited by LedFTed

Nothing but rain here today and temps will be in mid 30’s for the next week so there goes our snow again. 

We had a light rain Wednesday night, yesterday and last night light blowing snow, today is foggy and that is suppose to last until tomorrow. Sunday we are suppose to get in the upper 30s (almost 40) and up/down mid 30s all next seek so hopefully we get a slow melt going on before it really warms up. I don't want a repeat of last year and I doubt anyone south of us want the flooding waters coming down.

It's sunny and 60 at my place at 4:15 p.m,winds have switched to the south,so it's warm up time.Looks like 60's for the highs all next week.

Yesterday was beautiful , right below  70 , blue skies , light wind , this morning it's is 35 , and suppose to be a clear sky day and get up to 61 

my buddy shot a deer yesterday evening at 5:20  , he couldn't find it ,  I couldn't help him last night as we had a lot going on , my buddy with the blood hound is hunting Mississippi today so no help there , so we are going to look for it after  daylight --- the shot he made was interesting , it is primative weapon season so he was shooting a 45/70 with a Honaday balistic tip at 100 yards exactly , it went thru the deer , hair and blood every where and hit the 1 inch or so O.D. aluminum tube  leg of the feeder right in the middle of the tube , amazing the feeder is still standing , there are just small pieces of jagged aluminum holding it up , I need to get him to send me a pic from his phone 

50 and raining this morning , only projected to get to 57 for a high today and rain 

we found that deer ^ yesterday , took about an hour , it was about 150 yards for the shot spot , well I said we found the deer , we really only found 1/2 a deer , I don't want to meet what ever ate it , it nawed the rib bones down to nothing , we have coyotes , bobcats , hogs , and boocoo racoons , so no telling what ate it , or maybe it was a buffet all night long and everyone got their fill -----------I have a pick of a big cat looking animal  that was taken at this very spot about 3 years ago now at the next stand over , don't really know what kind of animal this is , it has something in it's mouth 

what do you think this animal is ? It could be the culpurit ... 

IMG_0184.JPG

fullsizeoutput_b55.jpeg