Melatv

Weather

Hi: Great to hear everything was safe with you and your wife -- the mess can be cleaned up -- take your time.

Mel , you brought up my wife.  My wife was freaking out during the storm. She is not the person to be on that survival show.   So She brings me a bottle of wine and ask me to open it.  I was telling Shade on the phone That was a mistake opening that bottle.   I thought she was freaking.  After her having a few glasses of wine and me not , She had me freaking and but It wasn’t from the storm had me fried. 

There were many memorable moments.  Yesterday I came inside with a pork lotion off the grill.  She has three pots on the stove and she is cooking sides   Kraft noodles. Corn and gravy.  She says it is taking a long time for the water to boil. We are running a generator and the stove breaker is turned off as the generator won’t handle the stove unless I turn off other things.    So dinner was delayed and cooking moved to the outside grill 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Don’t want to sound like a Ryobi chargeable tool commercial.  These lights really came through. 6 pack charger and chain saw. All good  stuff. There are at least two more Ryobi lights out there.  Going to ask Santa to put a bug in the wife’s ear to think about me (us) !!!!!  She sure did take control of the lights during the moment. Lol.  

just filled the generator.  6500 watt with a  Briggs ( the model that looks just like the Honda ) getting 13 hours run time on 5 gallons of gas.  That is fantastic.  

C98622FB-DD93-4E14-9C7E-C737DBA3A2EE.jpeg

BB463430-A9C0-419B-943B-96539309B2A4.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi: it's good to have useful things around when the power goes out for sure --- seen the mess -- rain -- winds -- water down your way --- on the TV news here.

Night before last when we had a bit of heavy wind and rain from Zeta, the wife woke me up in the middle of the night and said "Someone's outside".

I got up, looked out the windows and didn't see anything, and she said "well maybe it was just a limb falling"

Apparently she was right.  This hit the roof, went straight through, and broke a 2x6 that was stored in the rafters of my shop.  Had the 2x6 not been there to stop it, it likely would have gone all the way through, hitting my workbench, which is covered in Honda parts.

A big chunk of it barely missed the kid's 300 that was under a cover next to the shop.

roof.JPG

• Like 4

man, you fellas got it bad, just glad no one was hurt... I'm actually shocked it wasn't as bad here, had minor flooding and slight winds, but no damage less you count a few tress / limbs down. 

Mel --- Talking about useful tools in times of need , I had one a tool at  my disposal and didn't even know it , till 20 minutes ago ,  I just learned about a Personal Hot Spot , I am so computer illiterate , I have not had internet on my desk top since the lights went out ,  it was so easy to do , already had a cord hooked up for pics / music  transfer and charging 

And to make it even a sweeter deal , AT+T has been sending  me a message , since I am in the storm zone , free unlimited everything from Oct 29-Nov 3 

• Like 5

Glad you're made it through Fish. Too scary for me.  Was in the mid 60s on Thursday. So temps in the valley went from -20 on Sunday to 65 on Thursday,  Crazy!!!! Records set all over the state for this time of year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Glad you're made it through Fish. Too scary for me.  Was in the mid 60s on Thursday. So temps in the valley went from -20 on Sunday to 65 on Thursday,  Crazy!!!! Records set all over the state for this time of year.

Thanks.  Glad you made it thru the fires too.  Mother Earth is trying to get rid of us.  

• Like 1

Here we go again , Eta  is heading north for Mississippi and they have Lacombe  on the fringes of the path  , looks like Gulf Shores , Mississippi  and  Perdido Keys , Fla., might take a hit if it stays on it's present course 

fullsizeoutput_d82.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Here we go again , Eta  is heading north for Mississippi and they have Lacombe  on the fringes of the path  , looks like Gulf Shores , Mississippi  and  Perdido Keys , Fla., might take a hit if it stays on it's present course 

fullsizeoutput_d82.jpeg

I hope you stay out of the path this time!

On a side note, Is that "meteorologist" a drag queen? woof.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, sled_22 said:

This one looks to be a tidal event at the moment , water is alreadyhigh as I worked on the shoreline yesterday --------------- Got to be careful now days , you never know !!! 

• Haha 1

Fla., might take a hit if it stays on it's present course

i agree sure looks like the pan handle of Florida is in line for a tag this time, hope this one avoids y'all, fish. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 7:48 AM, Fishfiles said:

Don’t want to sound like a Ryobi chargeable tool commercial.  These lights really came through. 6 pack charger and chain saw. All good  stuff. There are at least two more Ryobi lights out there.  Going to ask Santa to put a bug in the wife’s ear to think about me (us) !!!!!  She sure did take control of the lights during the moment. Lol.  

just filled the generator.  6500 watt with a  Briggs ( the model that looks just like the Honda ) getting 13 hours run time on 5 gallons of gas.  That is fantastic.  

C98622FB-DD93-4E14-9C7E-C737DBA3A2EE.jpeg

BB463430-A9C0-419B-943B-96539309B2A4.jpeg

only people with uncommon sense, know how to put a bug in someones ear. 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sled_22 said:

she was hot bout 6 or 7 years ago. shes aging fast. done dropped a few cup sizes or so.

think it was 86f, yesterday.

Edited by LedFTed

The past 3 days here have been awesome, high of 24 yesterday and calling for around 21C here again today, tee shirt weather in November, gotta love it...

• Like 3

Last couple of days have been a little wet from drizzling rain , but we needed it as it was getting dry , temps have been great 75-80 in the day , they are saying we will likely gets some winds this weekend from ETA 

Fishing has been outstanding , a banner year , I need to get out there and fill up the freezers

• Like 3

it's been cloudy for the last few days with sixties up into the mid seventies ... with light rain, the warm temps are odd for this time of year, but no complaints, lol. just curious as to what ETA will change when it comes inland ... i agree fish i would be sticking if the fishing is good, i reckon you lost alot when that other freezer gave up the ghost ? 

havent heard @Scotticus comment lately on the dry conditions up his way, maybe no news is good news ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Temps have been in the 70s since last Friday which is very unusual for November.  It snowed an inch earlier last week.  No rain for 2 weeks until today.  Rained all day today. Still under a drought watch.  Temps are supposed  to return to normal (lows in 30s highs in 50s) for the rest of the week.  No more rain forecasted for the rest of the week. 

Edited by Scotticus
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Last couple of days have been a little wet from drizzling rain , but we needed it as it was getting dry , temps have been great 75-80 in the day , they are saying we will likely gets some winds this weekend from ETA 

Fishing has been outstanding , a banner year , I need to get out there and fill up the freezers

you catch too much, ya can ship some to me. that china stuff sold aint the same. 🙂

been a sure enough weather change in the last few days , high 70's for the last couple days with temps dropping to the mid 30's over night, and now a high wind advisory ... moving in from the north, but no freeze watch, or warnings, very strange weather for this season. 

• Like 1

Chili here this morning = 54 degrees , the dog and I just went out on the patio to relieve ourselves , and it sounds like a war going on , duck season is in swing and we live 1 mile north as the duck flies of the Federal Duck Reserve   -------   would be a good day for some duck chili , LOL 

• Like 4

still warm here 63  with 25 plus mph winds blowing, and storm front moving in, this sure isn't normal weather for this time of year, even saw a few people out mowing lawns agian yesterday, i saw where the front moved through Arkansas, just hope shades trip wasn't effected. 

supposed to be about 55f at 3:10 sun. am.. feels warmer. winds are breezy 30mph or so, feels faster to me. 40-50

just getting ready to pitch a few flakes of hay to the horses. they are still summer fat.

i'd show ya a picture, but the site wont let me. not true, i just havent taken the picture yet.

20 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Chili here this morning = 54 degrees , the dog and I just went out on the patio to relieve ourselves , and it sounds like a war going on , duck season is in swing and we live 1 mile north as the duck flies of the Federal Duck Reserve   -------   would be a good day for some duck chili , LOL 

can the dog do that also off the patio?