Melatv

Weather

No chiggers or I think some call them red bugs ? Thankfully with this slight cold weather skeeters are thinning out... n so are the humming birds... with everything that's happened over the last year I didn't have time to put out my feeders... but they didn't forget to buzz by....still have enough wild flowers to keep them close.. next year (if I'm still here) I'm put the feeders back up... but as of right now doesn't look like it's going to happen ....

• Like 2

Yea Maritimes is what theyve always called it here. Atlantic Canada, & atlantic time zone. I have seen on some shows from the UK they have their own 'maritimes' so i guess its a coastal community thing. Even tho i am an hour from the ocean 😂🙄

• Like 1

We got moon quake , must be the India crew landing .... The say it is from one of our old landers from the 70s , people say that was faked any ways 

Woke up to light rain this morning, we sure do need it the turnip, rutabagas, cabbage, onions  & radish are happy this morning .

Yesterday we had a eclipse event , it was pretty cool ,  no sacrifices tool place , LOL 

Speaking of cool , it is cooler this morning @54 F

image.png

It's HERE!😕🥶Supposed to be -5 Friday night,  waaaaayy to early for that crap. Supposed to be 13 tomorrow morning at 8a.m. then get colder tomorrow night. 

Screenshot_20231025_205245_Google.jpg

Sure glad I'm not there it was 86 today AC ran all day and still coming on at 10:20 p.m.

We're next. Should kill off the last of the insects now. Put my shovel, snow brush and ice scraper in the truck today.

59 minutes ago, PROV said:

Thank God!!!😃

Have enough people moving here as it is. This place is so screwed up now I'm about ready to move out of here. Developers are not being held responsible for any infrastructure improvements or impaact fees. Our city just built a new 8 million dollar firestation a year ½ ago and now they put a mill levy on the ballot to raise every households taxes another $220 a year for more fire protection. They are building apartment building after apartment building 3-4

stories tall, median house price in Belgrade is $620,000 dollars. People can't afford to buy houses here so they move into an apartment. They want new schools,  new parks, new library (which they are building now at a cost of 16 million, how can a library cost more than a fire station? Who even goes to the library any more? Especially with acess to information on the iternet?), an aquatic center, and the best of everything, but they are not property owners and paying property taxes, and......vote all of these mills through. It truly is driving the natives out of here. I have a 2800 square foot house in town and my taxes are about $400 a month. Not the Bozeman/Belgrade of old that's for sure. Now add the  cold to that! I need this shirt. I still like it here but some of those small towns in Wyoming are sure looking inviting.  We were looking at some properties down there on our trip to South Dakota last week. I could sell my house here, buy a 4 bedroom 3 bath one level home with a 40x80 shop on 15 acres and still put money in the bank. On top of that, nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. Pretty tempting.

Screenshot_20231025_190320_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20231026_071205_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20231026_072724_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been in indian summer for almost two weeks. course it only got into the 70s, with a few near the 80s, still a bit of a chill at night on occasion.

course that ends soon. this next week lows to 25. always ends too fast. i did get to see some col;or to the leaves as they fell from the trees, beats green, then brown, before they fall. not the color of old, where it was pretty.

FF, i put in a good word for moving up north, on rumble. it was for moving to Montana, cause that came up in the conversion. i was thinking of you, when i posted, because of your pictures, but, i cant remember if its Montana or Colorado. least its not Nevada.

• Like 1

28 degrees and falling here. Took the spider whips off my wheeler today. Wait......we don't need those up here!! Guess I'll give away my snake-proof boots too. 😁

• Haha 2

Spider whips? What the heck are they?

Chilly start tomorrow.

Back yard this afternoon. 

Coming your way Prov!!!!

Screenshot_20231027_233026_Google.jpg

20231027_074935.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer

Suppose to get cold here Monday night -----

Spider Whips are them rods on front the atv ,that catch the spiderwebs before they hit you  

Oh, I  guess we do ride through some webs but spiders we have here in the woods aren't anything to worry about, and webs aren't ever that thick. 

I have never had SpiderBusters before , some people seem to incorporate the Spider Wands into night / light rods  , a lot of times I seen them they are in a " X "   >>>>> We " do got " some big spiders down here that make a web that feels like it is going to pull you off the bike , LOL ??? >>>>> a hat is gone pecan --- I call them banana spiders 

• Like 1

26 degrees here. My son said they got a bit of snow at the hunting shack. This will get the deer moving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PROV said:

26 degrees here. My son said they got a bit of snow at the hunting shack. This will get the deer moving.

70 right now in central arkansas, i hate cold weather !!. is summer here yet ?..lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shadetree said:

70 right now in central arkansas, i hate cold weather !!. is summer here yet ?..lol.

Shade, I'll take a Louisiana winter over the summer we had this year it was too hot.