superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

So........ Dewalt is going to have a tool truck ? ...... Mac Marco, and snap on did good for a while, now theres is just one tool truck, snap on..... And he stops at just a few places in columbia now..... I used to see him go by my home..... On the way back from stopping by Wilson's cycles, but i haven't seen him in a few years..... I used to see  him everywhere...... But not anymore... 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:21 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

So........ Dewalt is going to have a tool truck ? ...... Mac Marco, and snap on did good for a while, now theres is just one tool truck, snap on..... And he stops at just a few places in columbia now..... I used to see him go by my home..... On the way back from stopping by Wilson's cycles, but i haven't seen him in a few years..... I used to see  him everywhere...... But not anymore... 

I just seen your reply from Wednesday --- seems a good idea , salesman can stop at the job sites -------  he better bring a bag lunch and not park it outside a restaurant and a AK for car jackers , LOL 

• Like 1

Lol! Might end up seeing something about a stolen tool truck on OPL...... LOL! I was just  thinking.......and while we don't have a forums traveling tool truck........ we gotta a mechanic on wheels.... 

• Like 1

It says 6-8 , maybe one side is inch and the other metric , LOL   -----     Crescent is a very good brand >>>>>  can't say for sure , but I think they are the original first crescent wrench  

image.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

It says 6-8 , maybe one side is inch and the other metric , LOL   -----     Crescent is a very good brand >>>>>  can't say for sure , but I think they are the original first crescent wrench  

image.png

That will definitely discourage using the Crescent wrench in the wrong direction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

I think your right, we have a specail edition diamond  brand.... But it's a johndeere issue.... I'll see if i  can find a pic...Been told it's a very rare collectors edition, but it's in my tool chest.... No idea how much it's worth, but i ain't selling it... Besides it's got it's battle scars... you can get a regular diamond brand (old school) same lenght etc... And the johndeere issue is much thicker, and I've never had that wrench loosen or round a hex off, when others will, plus skin the ol knuckles... It's not a black oxide type has johndeere stamped on one side and diamond etc on the other. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Here is a trick some of you'll might not know 

image.png

Problem with that though is the new drivers like that brand are trash and the tips wouldn't hold up. I didn't know about the socket and weren't but I use a wrench or crescent on the square shaft ones at times. My big craftsman and cobalt flatheads all have warped tips because they are crap metal..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Here is a trick some of you'll might not know 

image.png

Like the deep well socket setup... I could have used that yesterday on the storm door..... Too cold for me to break out the air tools or drill set..... Besides the extra time it cost me allowed me to wrench again plus think un disturbed.... work smart and hard (thumbs up) 

• Like 1

Not a real common sight in my shop but the kids car was parked in the wrong direction so all the duct work filled with snow during this.last blizzard. If the blower motor wasn't froze solid I would have never known. The new lift I had to get makes it a lot nicer working on everything compared to my old atv only lift. 

I've been putting off replacing the window regulator but since it's in the shop, warmed up and at working height I might as well get that done tonight too. 

20221219_181133.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, toodeep said:

I've been putting off replacing the window regulator but since it's in the shop, warmed up and at working height I might as well get that done tonight too. 

I admire a guy who can keep his shop & tools semi-organized and still get productive work done!

1 hour ago, retro said:

I admire a guy who can keep his shop & tools semi-organized and still get productive work done!

It's a disaster area right now but usually its clean and organized. I find I get more work done if I'm not searching for tools, even though as soon as I set one down I'm searching for it. 😀

• Haha 2

I might have every type .... Lol! I don't know but out of all these the biggest impact model works best at clearing zerk fittings, but i snapped a few angled zerks off with it.... I've had success from each one, both impact models can be packed with grease, or a liquid solvent...... The needle injector works really good on ball joint boots t-joint cup seals.... Basically any part that doesn't come with zerk yet has a rubber seal, boot etc where a very small hole won't matter....i never use any one that punches a hole in a rubber part thats also going to see alot of  water mud etc etc..... I alway try and go between the rubber and metal with that needle.....I've had people tell me oh those don't extend the life or make things work smoother... And that's total BS.... They do work, and work good.... We hardly ever had tie rod ends issues once i got that bad boy ...saved no telling how much money... Just in parts... But also less strain on the complete steering system  ware due to dry sockets. Kinze planter road wheel hinge points were the most troublesome ones about plugging in a very short time... That red impact took care of those most of the time... And they screw straight in so you could get a good heavy knock on those.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I might have every type .... Lol! I don't know but out of all these the biggest impact model works best at clearing zerk fittings, but i snapped a few angled zerks off with it.... I've had success from each one, both impact models can be packed with grease, or a liquid solvent...... The needle injector works really good on ball joint boots t-joint cup seals.... Basically any part that doesn't come with zerk yet has a rubber seal, boot etc where a very small hole won't matter....i never use any one that punches a hole in a rubber part thats also going to see alot of  water mud etc etc..... I alway try and go between the rubber and metal with that needle.....I've had people tell me oh those don't extend the life or make things work smoother... And that's total BS.... They do work, and work good.... We hardly ever had tie rod ends issues once i got that bad boy ...saved no telling how much money... Just in parts... But also less strain on the complete steering system  ware due to dry sockets. Kinze planter road wheel hinge points were the most troublesome ones about plugging in a very short time... That red impact took care of those most of the time... And they screw straight in so you could get a good heavy knock on those.

image.jpg

Interesting.  I have something like the needle on the far right, that I can tuck up under the boots on ball joints and tie rod ends.

That red one looks neat.  I'll have to see if the old man has one.  If not, it will get added to the wish list.

• Like 1

Oh !!!! My bad ..... That red sucker came from shoup farm supply .... The rest from rippy industrail auto in columbia jimmy will hook you up on tools and parts just about anything I've ever needed he could always get....  Still carries the old Williams tools S&K ridgid brand tools original vise grip tools that place is a wrenchers dream....  Www.rippeyautoparts.com 388-0723 it's ether AC 615 or 931

I know you've heard of shoup.... Lol! I looked they still carry that one, but i didn't check to see if the price was the same... And i don't recall what mine cost, but it's freed up so many zerk s it's payed for itself many times over...

https://www.shoupparts.com/products/in-the-shop/

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™ Are you referring to Columbia TN? The prefix and area code are where I am from. Just wondering if you are from the middle Tennessee area.

• Like 1

Yeah...... I'm close to Columbia.... It's funny cause i used to ride with a fellah had the nic name wormy... Great easy going fellah worked for columbia power for a long time... Nice to meet you man! 

• Like 1

Bout 7 miles due south on US 31.... Well I'll be darned!! I sure do know Darly Walker ... Ha! It sure is a small world... Ain't seen him in years.... Last time i as him he was a very nice looking johndeere 4 wheel drive had a roll on the front and back... I was hauling grain for joe Davis .... And we were headed to to his place to get the truck (she was loaded) and on the way he up and said there's wormy... Well my ears went up... I said didnt work at columbia power and water joe said yeah... I said !!! Me him and few others used to ride atvs over lose to highway 50 .... I think on some TWRA property or something like that, but !!!! Yeah i know him! Son of a gun! Lol! 

• Like 1

That is awesome!!!! Yeah, I know Joe as well. Worked with him and now he full time farming. He used some of my grandfathers grain bins just up from my house. We live just down the road from Joe. @_Wilson_™

• Like 1