Akunin

Firearms

Dis you get your letter from the RCMP about the gun ban? Someone started a FB group down here they were all putting RETURN TO SENDER on the letters. Lol

• Like 1

I love going to Canada and have some friends there. However, your firearms laws have discouraged me from hunting there and I would certainly never live there based on that alone. I realize this comes primarily from your city liberals. Surprised they haven't outlawed bats, knives, pipe, chains etc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Well that's good they got rid of that law. Kinda silly

Buy as u read, that only applies to the people who had an ATT prior to Sept 2, 2015. When I had mine applied they sent me a letter. 

Aahhhhh ic. It's a condition on you're liscense. Thst makes way more sense 

• Like 1

@PROV you get to learn the loop holes, & it wasn’t as bad as it may seem, (yes it sucks compared to the US) but I do the best u can with what u have to work with. I just wish I could concealed carry...

also, each province has its own rules as well. Here in Alberta u can leave ur firearm un cased in ur car or after dark when leaving the bush. In NewBrunswick ur gun ha to be in a case or even pantyhose as case per say after dark leaving the bush. (Used to be the law when I lived in NB anyway..)

Edited by Wheeler

@Wheeler, loop holes aside, if I could only own a gun to take to the range it wouldn't be worth it. I understand it's not necessarily that bad to bring a hunting gun but I quit hunting there when they started all the BS paperwork. Before we could just pull up to Customs, tell or show them our guns and how much ammo and we were on our way. When I am up there fishing I am not too fond of hiking or picking berries back in the bush where you might encounter some belligerent bears etc.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Trudeau got beat half to death with a brick if you would have to get a special permit to build with them. Anybody that owned a brick that was not mortared to a structure would be a felon.

• Haha 4

there is an ammo shortage in the US, it was stirred up by Antifa, an the BLM, movement., maybe both.

When you see the pretense, of this movement, it makes ya want to stock up.

White people that support this movement are constantly getting beat up.  bet they get awake after this, probably not. maybe the term is woke. Ship these people away. let them form their own government. it would be funny if it wernt so sad.. Only a place to ship them to, where they will be happy, and a heavy price to pay, should there Marxism not work. and they want to come back.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

actually the gun / ammo shortage started with the panic over the carona .... virus .... (covid)  and the news causing fake panic  and most people who think ahead always stay stocked up ... but not just on ammo .... but food stuffs .... and other supply's .... as FOR the beatings .... that's on the lack of law enforcement .... because of the dems ... allowing the anarchist .... to voice .. there thoughts ... and cause chaos .... although ....it is just plain bad ... and it's the people that oppose this movement who are being targeted ....

• Like 1

it's kinda funny in a way, the dem's who stirred up this movement. a Dem. congressman got beat up. now he is singing a different tune. sow the wind, ya reap the whirlwind.

• Like 2

During the obama administration , I had read where the government was buying up bullets by the millions thru different offices , like Departments of Human Services and such , I think now that I see where the plans being brought up with Departments becoming the new police force , it makes sense now , the plans were in the making -----I think what is happening now was planned , but it was suppose to be under a different President , could only imagine what would be going on right now with Hillary or Joe in control 

• Like 2

exactly ^^^ but it was to be used against law abiding American citizens .... or, we were indeed included.... 

yet ... it was stated here Obama would be a better president then trump .... lol!! even tho he was the president in history ... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

36 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

During the obama administration , I had read where the government was buying up bullets by the millions thru different offices , like Departments of Human Services and such , I think now that I see where the plans being brought up with Departments becoming the new police force , it makes sense now , the plans were in the making -----I think what is happening now was planned , but it was suppose to be under a different President , could only imagine what would be going on right now with Hillary or Joe in control 

During the Oblama administration, you could buy a gun, just not ammo. its back. blame goes to the Wuhan virus. not that i think that, but it has been mentioned.

should ya buy from New egg, its owned by red china.

10 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

you could buy a gun, just not ammo. its back

do you know what shape this country would be in.... if that was true ?? lol why do you think we have not been run over ....  because of the second amendment!! even as brain dead as Obama is, even he knows that fact,  hence the domestic military he planned ..

• Like 1

Went to an old friends local sports shop yesterday. Had not seen him in at least 20 years since college. Looking a .223 bolt action for my boys to start using to hunt with for now. Made mention I was looking an LCP I or II. He had a II. Needless to say, I left with it because they are no where to be found. Love the fact I can slip it in the soft holster and then slide it right in my pocket.

• Like 2

Lord the calls I'm getting now..from family members who never bothered to stock up, or even make that purchase of a new handgun they had been talking about for several years...and got a call this past week from a gun bud asking me if I still had a certain model firearm..cause a long time friend is desperate to buy one and the estimated wait time is 5 plus weeks with no promise of availability.

I offered my well worn used gun for $1,000   I had bought it new for $700 couple years back...he jumped on it.

that's the mode we are in.... couple neighbors ran out and bought new pistols back in May...and you could hear them range practicing in their backyards...they'd go through that box of 50 and stop...then this past month..the neighborhood has gone silent..nobody has  ammo to shoot...

my ARs come in both 10 and 15, and there are over 25 mags for each platform...20,25,30rd mags..and sevearl thousand rounds in both 7.62 and 5.56

my 12ga offerings include a couple pump guns and one auto-loader..and it took some time, but there's well over 1,000 rds of slugs and buck.

the 22lr - Lord only knows the round count on hand, and it gets shot a lot..but probably still about 4k

my primary pistol preference is 45acp...so with years of stocking up, there's ummm..a bunch.

my wife is 9mm gal, and I've always kept about 800-1k for her.

but  with my recent Sig subgun acquisition in 9mm last December... I wound up beefing up my own 9 inventory to about 3500 rds.

I can't imagine needing to buy ammo right now..prices ,when you can find any in stock, have more than doubled what I was paying even back in January.  

so , fortunately, like every other aspec of my preps...things are comfortably stocked and I'm riding this current panic out.

ya'll stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Taking advantage of people in desperate times. What a strange brag. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yet ... it was stated here in the forums , (virus thread) Obama would be a better president then trump .... lol!! even tho Obama  was in fact....  the worst president in history ... 

fixed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dredd said:

Taking advantage of people in desperate times. What a strange brag. 

let me retry this...so..guy calls..wants to know if I have a specific shotgun...I say, yes, but had not planned on selling it...suggested he buy one new as he might get it cheaper than i want to let go of mine.. I've put a couple hundred rounds through mine, have upgrade the choke spacer, and have a semi-auto 12ga that is reliable...so for me to be interested in selling it.. I'd want more than he might could buy one new...yes, I tried to push him away...he asked me to name a price...so I did...not an unreasonable price and pretty much right where the new ones are going on gunbroker right now..so not gouging...point I think I was trying to make wasn't around taking advantage of the pandemic panic, it was that there are folks who chose not to buy guns and ammo last year, or the year before etc..and now are in that panic mode...it's not like I'm sitting on a dozen AR15s that I bought on speculation..it's one freakin shotgun that someone wants more than me...done.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fixed. 

please leave the politics out of this thread, title is fire arms, not who is the best president. 

• Like 2

same goes for anyone else, please leave politics out of this thread, want to talk about fire arms ?, have at it !..want to talk politics ?, take it down the hall or out side, not here !.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bighanded said:

let me retry this...so..guy calls..wants to know if I have a specific shotgun...I say, yes, but had not planned on selling it...suggested he buy one new as he might get it cheaper than i want to let go of mine.. I've put a couple hundred rounds through mine, have upgrade the choke spacer, and have a semi-auto 12ga that is reliable...so for me to be interested in selling it.. I'd want more than he might could buy one new...yes, I tried to push him away...he asked me to name a price...so I did...not an unreasonable price and pretty much right where the new ones are going on gunbroker right now..so not gouging...point I think I was trying to make wasn't around taking advantage of the pandemic panic, it was that there are folks who chose not to buy guns and ammo last year, or the year before etc..and now are in that panic mode...it's not like I'm sitting on a dozen AR15s that I bought on speculation..it's one freakin shotgun that someone wants more than me...done.

what's strange in me buying my hand gun ?, it had nothing to do with this mess we are in, i've wanted a beretta 9m ever sense i first watched lethal weapon with mel gibson.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind having one of these ^^^ , I got to shot son in law's last weekend , .22 bullets are cheap , the gun  was  $500 in basic form  , bet they are more now days