Melatv

Weather

Yea we are getting a warmer day & sunny after a messy evening/night. Right around 40F, good day for a drive to the ocean 🌊

• Like 2

75 with storms, and flooding (4 inches plus)  over night, now back down to 43 (still dropping) heard several roads had flooding, but luckily no house flooding or cars washed off the low laying roads, but the wind damage sure has done the deal for some. 

Had a frog floater here last night.  Rained for about 6 hours straight, and the ground was still saturated from the snow we got last week,and the rain we got Friday night.

• Like 2

72 and raining here , heavy rain was  suppose to be this evening and is already happening so this evening will likey be really heavy , they calling for 100% rain tomorrow 

• Like 1

This was some wicked weather I was driving into crossing Lake Ponchartrain today , temp dropped 10 degrees in 5 minutes , from 73 to 63 , there was a water spout 3 miles from the bank 

fullsizeoutput_e4a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e49.jpeg

• Like 4

wow, that's impressive .... reminds of the big nado out break here a few years back, of the first close call e-5 played out less then a mile from my house, we still still see left sheets of tin, and house hold items .. bottles lamp shades, glass, just about everything you could think of, even chunks of pavements in the woods. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

didnt get as mush-rain as expected up into mon. morning at least 1 1/2 to 2". 7 sunny days predicted [NOAA]. the ground may get dry. cant tell what the wind is going to do. got a couple of nights still below freezing. most, the 50's during the days, just below freezing at night.

mush-rain=mud turned to mush because of rain.

else i been drinking too much an im typing like i speak. 😀

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 4

Got another 6-8"s of snow last night, no more plowing snow, the banks are to high, need the snowblower to move it now....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Rain hard last night with very strong winds -- everything this morning is frozen hard as a rock.

Today.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Beautiful day today, 42 degrees, blue sky,  worked in T shirt all day. Was awesome.

20210302_143117.jpg

That's beautiful! Is that view from your house? Got to 44 here today. I was in a t-shirt too. Felt great.

• Like 1

It was sunny here & made it up to 47 today. Forecast is for varying daytime temps into the 50s the next couple weeks. We lost two inches of snow depth today alone.... hope it doesn't get warm enough to rain next week.

• Like 2

It rained on and off all day here , sometimes really heavy , flash flood material ,  temp dropped to  46F right now at sunset , 41 tomorrow at daylight and 61 for a high 

• Like 2

Not my house however I wish it was. Friend of mine adding on to his garage. This is a view pretty much From my house

20210302_170915.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice scenery. I was in your town about 5 years ago. Beautiful area. 

I think so too,  but it has really   changed a lot the last 5 years  and not for the good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

63f today. 32f tonight. then back into the 50s, some 40s an back up during the day.,.. what the f, as far as this weather, some lows 28f, 26f. Least its getting some warm.

Geese have been flying north., only the biggest group was 5.. Still, a sign of hope. i got to wonder how many bales of hay i still got to buy for my 2 horse's.

aint seen em shiver any all winter. the low in the single digits. my dogs did OK outside. hate to bring them inside, they aint potty trained. 😀

On 3/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, Freedomflyer said:

I think so too,  but it has really   changed a lot the last 5 years  and not for the good.

Yep, the problem with nice areas is a bunch of people from not-nice areas move in, and more often than not, bring with them their habits that made their old place a not-nice area.

That's what happened to NW Arkansas.  Couldn't pay me enough to live again where I went to school and lived for 10 years afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Our problem here is if we sell, I could quintuple  What I have in to my house. However I would be able to stay here because I wouldn't be able to find Anything I would be able to afford around here. And since I still have to work going some place and starting up a remodeling Business in an unfamiliar area would be a little tough.  People are buying houses here sight unseen and moving in. Glad my house is almost paid for.

• Like 3

Austin Texas is the worst area for that right now.  Home prices doubling in a matter of months.  All those fleeing the west coast are bringing in big money (compared to the local market), driving prices up, and unfortunately also bringing their ideals with them, which means they'll create the same problems they fled in their new home. 

• Like 2

that's exactly why the old money is here is hanging onto land, to keep more houses from being built, but it's a loosing battle for some, my land has gone up, just as your land there has, but I've lived here all my life, plus i have friends, and family who live here, what's going on burns with me, with outsiders  coming and trying to change things (not for the better) if anything, I'd move futher south, they should stay where there at because they screw things up there, so live in the bed you make for yourself! 

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Austin Texas is the worst area for that right now.  Home prices doubling in a matter of months.  All those fleeing the west coast are bringing in big money (compared to the local market), driving prices up, and unfortunately also bringing their ideals with them, which means they'll create the same problems they fled in their new home. 

I thought Austin was already leaning left.  Sure don't need to call it Austin, California. 

Been in the 50s and 60s here last couple days. Ground is soggy but walk able. Rain rolls in middle next week to the tune of a few inches...but for now, its fairly warm upper 40s all weekend. I was out last weekend in tshirt when it was 50 out. Telecon with a customer from Germany he couldn't believe I wasn't in a coat but in a tshirt.

• Like 1