Melatv

Weather

90's here and finally a chance of rain tonight through Friday. I sure hope we get it. Lots of wildfires up this way. One was at 3000 acres and growing last night.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

was looking at the weather, courtesy of noaa, and it looks like storms are moving in, one from the south-west an one from the from the south-east. should be interesting when they meet. a counter clockwise event could occur, over ky. not the first time. just as soon not see that..

Edited by LedFTed

Saw this morning 10 dead, numerous missing in middle TN. flash flooding.  You guys really did get hit hard down there......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah.... I've been looking online, even talked with my old fire chief .... asked if they needed any help, he said he would contact me on the rescue radio, for now.... I'm staying out of the way... I'm sure they have enough rubber necks (trash) running around looking at the severe flood damage ... he also told me this was one of the worst floods he's seen here in over 30 years (best he recalls) i sure do feel bad for all those effected..... I'm sure this will be a long drawn out recovery, from what he described the wide spread damage and loss of life is unbelievable for this area. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wow , I been out the loop on the weather , I rarely watch the local news any more , the weatherpersons now days are terrible at the forecast  wife told me last night 22 died in the flooding going on , Loretta Lynn's property manager was one of the people that drowned  ---- terrible thing , prayers to all those affected ---- any ATVHonda members from that area ? 

• Sad 1

It has been smoking hot here , been pushing right at 100 temp and 100+ heat index every day for a week  , been getting lightning storms off in the distance but no rain for a week now   

• Sad 1

@TnHONDA lives just between Nashville, and Chattanooga other then him, not that i know of right off hand, I'm reall not sure how bad it got over that way,  @Ngac2002 lives between Franklin, and the boro, and @Koolaid west of Nashville. @Bryant who lives up close to the Kentucky / Tennessee state line, clay county i believe ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

So what was the cause of all the flooding , was it part of that tropical system Fred passing thru ? 

Was talking with my buddy this pass weekend that has a place  in Alabama and it was pretty bad there as far as wind went , he has lots of trees down from Fred 

not a clue ..... i expected jeep, and shade would get some, but that monster played out over Memphis ... and the next couple days we had showers for a couple days.. then it just kept back building....and training over the same area....  most likely this flood was maybe once, twice in a life time.... or i sure hope so..... now there predicting extra humid, and hot temps, it's just going to be plain sticky outside...... no telling who all this will effect once the rivers catch all the run off... from what Bcs told me .... waverly Tn might have taken the worst from this storm ? i have to admit... i havent been keeping up like i should, but this one caught everyone off gaurd. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

not only did that storm pass, but a few days of storms, predicted by noaa. gonna be hot wed. only 94, but without so many jet planes, flying over anymore, the sun is brighter. including most passenger planes.

blue an red protect from the suns rays, i think blue would be better. dont want to influence your thoughts though, best look it up yourselves.. 

only if they made reflective clothing, would ya be better, maybe cooler. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , I been out the loop on the weather , I rarely watch the local news any more , the weatherpersons now days are terrible at the forecast  wife told me last night 22 died in the flooding going on , Loretta Lynn's property manager was one of the people that drowned  ---- terrible thing , prayers to all those affected ---- any ATVHonda members from that area ? 

Local news dont mean much, as far as information.

• Like 1

Friday evening it rained 4 or 5 inches in a matter of no time. Now, Monday evening ,it's 5pm and a heat index of 100*.  Heat has been the worst I can remember since July 4th.  I've always had an outside job since I was 13 working in the tobacco fields. BRING ON FALL AND WINTER!!

• Like 2

It has been thundering for 45 minutes now , loud and long , still has not rained ---  got deal I finally got the last section of grass along the woods done , that has been  too wet for a long time , let it pour , need to down the dust 

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Local news dont mean much, as far as information.

your right Ted, you really can't depend on them, ham radio active spotters on scene is your best bet..... they have nailed just about every severe storm we've had moving in, (but the draw back is, they only go active during severe weather) here where i am..... noaa gets there reports straight from MTEARS, you might ry this link credit goes to @bcsman i had lost this site a while back..... or maybe get a home weather station ? https://www.weather.gov/

Still dry as heck here.  Get little scattered pop up showers here and there, but barely enough to settle the dust. 

• Thanks 1

Heat has been back here for days, tho it does rain (hard) now & then, but then after the humidity is through the roof. Over nights are the killer for me... i like to sleep with the windows open incase i hear anything/one out in the yard. No a/c on over night, but windows still shut 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Still dry as heck here.  Get little scattered pop up showers here and there, but barely enough to settle the dust. 

im really shocked y'all didn't get any rain from this mess that overwhelmed us, heck! used to be.... storms from out west and from down south would hammer us, now im seeing heat advisories taking over... a big part, plus storms up around where Bcs is... 

image.jpg

On 8/23/2021 at 5:05 PM, Chevymec said:

Friday evening it rained 4 or 5 inches in a matter of no time. Now, Monday evening ,it's 5pm and a heat index of 100*.  Heat has been the worst I can remember since July 4th.  I've always had an outside job since I was 13 working in the tobacco fields. BRING ON FALL AND WINTER!!

I'm with you there.   The neighbors frown upon me dressing down for the hot weather.  Can't blame them one bit.  I can tolerate the cold much better.  One thing I don't like about the winter is the lack of sunshine.   The gray gets old fast.

• Like 5

just some pics of the columbia dam a friend sent me...... 1st is the standard level, next is pics a day after the flood, I'd say about two stories deep -+

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

i was weed eating monday on the driveway. it was hot out, i only did 100ft. i sat down to rest a bit, an when i got up, i did a spin out like a ww2 plane shot down. elbow took the worst of it. i got back up and when to the house. took my BP, 90/60 90 HR. thats to low for me. not enough water, and/or electrolytes. oxy-clean got the bloodstains out of the shirt.

• Like 5

Gotta watch it in this head Ted.

When I busted out that beaver dam Sunday afternoon I about fell out a couple of times.  This morning when I did the same job at dawn I was fine.

You don't realize just how much the heat takes until it's too late.

• Like 3

man you ain't kidding.... there have been many heat related calls here... hope your not banged up too bad..... i see from the map... they have extended the heat advisory to (looks like) 24 states..... i was expecting it for us... a few days after the flood with the excessive moisture we have now, but it's still just in the western edge of Tn. 

• Like 1

had a few errands in columbia today.... to my surprise.. not too much damange at least not as bad as i thought it would be, but plenty of gravel drive ways gutted ... i could see a few trees laid over along the creek banks... every once in a while you see where mud and brush had been washed into the road ways... the northern part of the county got the worst part in our area .... i still have not heard back for my old fire chief ... about the total missing .... last i heard was they will not be able to account for every single person missing, and that's just here, no telling what the numbers will be state wide. and looks like the heat wave maybe letting up some.

• Like 4

Other than a couple short rain storms here it is very dry. Finally we are starting to get rain now and it's supposed to rain off and on for several days. We have a forest fire NE of us that was at 22,000 acres last night. Trees were exploding from the intense heat. Hopefully we get enough rain so they can get it under control. My little dog liked sitting in a bomber.

IMG_20210618_081301339_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210618_081710653.jpg

• Like 6