Melatv

Weather

4 minutes ago, PROV said:

I just got back from a one week fishing trip about 80 miles into Canada. Gorgeous weather. Days to low 70's, evenings to 50. Can't beat it this time of year.

IMG_20230717_164719193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230714_100549140_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230713_111311487_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230720_095400962_HDR~2.jpg

That's some good sized Lakers. We fished for them often on Blue Mesa Reservoir west of Gunnison CO. 

• Like 1

Monthly Meeting of the International Union of Television Meteorologist 

image.png

• Like 1

Going to be another hot day...... Lets see... 72.8 °F @ 6:19 am ...... I'm thinking ..... Over 100 °F before we reach the high.... Whatever that will be, and just heard water temps off the coast of Florida reached over 100 °F (101 °F) greenies are now crying over the coral reefs.... Dying off..... I can just bet.... Global warming....comes up.. Big in the news yet again... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Going to be another hot day...... Lets see... 72.8 °F @ 6:19 am ...... I'm thinking ..... Over 100 °F before we reach the high.... Whatever that will be, and just heard water temps off the coast of Florida reached over 100 °F (101 °F) greenies are now crying over the coral reefs.... Dying off..... I can just bet.... Global warming....comes up.. Big in the news yet again... 

I hear a leftist scientist is pushing Biden to declare a climate emergency which probably means more control and push for electric cars and continued war on fossil fuels. 

• Like 1

It's just so crazy.... It never ends .. One thing to try n throw you, then blind sided, then close lined, n finally .... Body slammed... Lol! ....you just gotta see some fun is all that BS ........ 

• Like 1

was a time i was younger, 18 or so then. temp was 102f in louisville, jefferson co. area. just a hot summer, that year, it happens. now if its cold its global warming, if its hot its global warming. hard to figure the math on that, though some can.

had 102f to 105f days in florida, 85-87, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on that, though, it was just another day ya have to go through, no big deal. i didn't have AC staying in a tack-room, at the end of the barn, i did find out however, an oscillating fan would keep ya cool. when it wasnt on you, the breeze from the fan, you'd just sweat enough to sweat, an the next time the breeze passed over, it would cool ya off.

just enough for me.

• Like 1

Sure was hot & muggy, last 2 days looked like we were going to get some well needed rain. But to my disappointment it went around us, Fish you get any of that rain last 2 days?

5 hours ago, riverc said:

Sure was hot & muggy, last 2 days looked like we were going to get some well needed rain. But to my disappointment it went around us, Fish you get any of that rain last 2 days?

Just enough to wet the ground yesterday evening .

Haven't had a drop since July 21st here.  Highs in the upper 90's.  Supposed to hit 100 today.

Next chance of rain is middle of next week.

• Thanks 1

I figured that front that just moved down would provided y'all with some relief... The heavy part just passed a few ago... Now just light rain .60 for the month.... But it's cooled some....72...  Most likely a fog thick as pea soup early in the am... With some corn trying to make / while some blooming .... This is weather we need right now... So far it's been looking like a bumper crop... Hay not so much.... The heat wave effected the second cutting ....hot clover didnt make good this season.

Burn Ban ST Tammany , Louisiana --- they saying  at least two weeks plus  

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Burn Ban ST Tammany , Louisiana --- they saying  at least two weeks plus  

Didn't hear about one here yet 

63° and cool rained this afternoon,  supposed to rain tomorrow and be cool for the next 5 days or so. 

• Like 2

Interesting veiw this am.... One of the reddest sunrises I've seen in a while.... I believe that old saying goes like this... Red sky in the morning sailors take warning red sky at night sailors delight ..., i might have it mixed up... I can't even recall where or when i first heard that saying... For the most part it's been lightening.. Some... Strange thing is the static charge lightening gives off is very long... If it wasn't a cloud cover so thick I'd try and get some pics... But with the haze and low clouds.. I'm just seeing the light from behind the cover not the actual bolt.... Hope you guys short on rain bet some from this system... It looks to be building some.. More from the north west headed south east.. Smack dab right through west / mid tn 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Interesting veiw this am.... One of the reddest sunrises I've seen in a while.... I believe that old saying goes like this... Red sky in the morning sailors take warning red sky at night sailors delight ..., i might have it mixed up... I can't even recall where or when i first heard that saying... 

I think it is a maritime saying , Navy and / or fishermen , it usually has held true for me , red sky in the morning means rough seas , red sky at might means calm seas 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think it is a maritime saying , Navy and / or fishermen , it usually has held true for me , red sky in the morning means rough seas , red sky at might means calm seas 

Yep.  That saying goes for the trade winds.  Most of us live with the Westerlies.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Yep.  That saying goes for the trade winds.  Most of us live with the Westerlies.

As far as fishing goes , if you live east of the Mississippi  River , the saying goes  ,  " If the wind is out the west , stay home and rest , if the wind is out the east , heat up the grease " 

• Thanks 1

got roughed up a bit here in the Carolinas yesterday evening.

91 degrees, but the heat index was 104...lots of energy in the air...

looks like more of the same later in the week.

keeping the solar gen rig handy and reminds me, I need to refil a couple propane tanks for the bigger genny

Rain rain and more rain ....... Rain rain go way come back another .............................................. Day............lol! 2.29 inches for the week, and i don't think that's correct.... I think it's been more... 3.39 for the month, 12 inches total...I'd have to look way back in this string to see when i cleared the history on the station memory, but it's close to more then we've had in a few years. 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Rain rain and more rain ....... Rain rain go way come back another .............................................. Day............lol! 2.29 inches for the week, and i don't think that's correct.... I think it's been more... 3.39 for the month, 12 inches total...I'd have to look way back in this string to see when i cleared the history on the station memory, but it's close to more then we've had in a few years. 

Wilson, you making me jealous posting that news. We need rain bad here grass dying, farmers crops and gardens struggling. We cut grass Sunday in a cloud of dust its so dry.

Sorry..... If i could I'd sent it your way.... We's facing just the opposite ... Too much rain... If it's keeps up... Crops will mold at the base, mold will become a problem if it hasn't already... I've been o busy haven't had time to keep up with all the wet weather related issues.. Wash outs flooded road water rescues ... I did catch the tell end of something that happened on the I-road (65) i believe a vehicle hydroplaned and took out one of those highway signs... The big ones... I've been keeping a close track on flooding close by.. Not to mention my storm shelter... Which shockingly... Hasn't had one drop get in... I recon.. My seal job worked, least for now.. Going to make some changes soon... Yaw know how i think about the BS global warming mess, but i will say the extreme wet weather.. Here is very unusual .. Bro... I hope y'all get some much needed relief soon. 

• Like 1